Last little items -fitting issues

Belgian1979vette

I'm finishing up on my car. The last couple of items are being installed and I'm running into several issues. First I had issues with the tire rubbing the front pace car spoiler and now, after installing my L88 hood, the hood was pushing too much on the stock L82 airtake duct causing the fan to hit the shroud. Had to remove it and I need it as part of the CAI of the ITB's.

There always seems to be something wrong with these cars...:smash: Oh well

Installer error lol :)

Well, yes and no. I never bothered to check the CAI as I though the stock hood was lower in that location. Seems like the gutter before the bulge is hitting the outlet of the intake duct.

As for the spoiler : seems like the factory grind the spoiler as well.

Anyway, I'll make it draw cool air from the back of the L88 as I originally intended it.

Last edited:
You have to test fit everything on all cars...door handles, rocker panels, quarter trim, windshield, weatherstrip....everything. It should all be done before primer is even sprayed.

You have to test fit everything on all cars...door handles, rocker panels, quarter trim, windshield, weatherstrip....everything. It should all be done before primer is even sprayed.

It has nothing to do with primering. The bulge from the hood interferes with the intake duct.

Switch to an open intake, or do what that hood was designed to do and go cowl induction. You'll be playing with fiberglass for a while to get the bottom built, though.