*Vette Running Lean, Then No Start*

AGVI

I recently installed a 406 and it was popping through the exhaust. The headlights and other vacuum accessories were running through the carb. I moved the vacuum accessories to run off the intake and the popping went away.

I went on a short trip (5 miles) the other day and it started hesitating and wanted to stall. I shut it down and it wouldn't start again.

What should I look at first? Ignition problems?

Let me know if you need any other info on the car.

That is a very hot cam that you have there. I wouldn't be surprised if you fouled the spark plugs, I bet low rpm cruising is not all that great with that cam.

I used to run the edelbrock performer rpm cam with too low CR, plugs lasted 60 miles or so... previous owner installed the cam, took me a while to figure it out... the plugs were fine as long as I kept the engine at 3000+ rpm..... :eek:

It could also be a spark plug wire burnt on the header pipe.... I'm sure it's something simple.... keep us updated :thumbs:

UPDATE: It was a burn't wire that leads to the MSD ignition. Hard to find, but an easy fix. Vette runs great again.

Glad you found it and it wasn't a big problem.

If I want to keep my BB running perfectly, I'd have to change plugs everytime I drive it. The plugs I put in for the Bird I tour are dead now. They look FINE, but it craps out about 5k.. New set of plugs and I'm back to the rev limiter.

Glad you found it and it wasn't a big problem.

If I want to keep my BB running perfectly, I'd have to change plugs everytime I drive it. The plugs I put in for the Bird I tour are dead now. They look FINE, but it craps out about 5k.. New set of plugs and I'm back to the rev limiter.

HUMMMM....Wish I had YOUR gas money....

I hit you for a loan next time I C U.....

:crutches::crutches::devil: