A conference on coronaviruses is cancelled due to coronavirus

As an elder Corvette owner & "statesmen" I have modified our business practices. We will only ship once or twice a week to minimize contact with common carriers - i.e. USPS, FedEx. And knowing what other vendors are the big importers of China Corvette repro's; we will avoid ordering their USA products to avoid contact. Business will suffer. However, after 40+ years I have been frugal & never over extended my funds. No giant overhead. No loans. No mortgages. If you cannot pay off - don't purchase. We will weather this.

Corvette owners tend to think they are well off. My experience is that many are blue collar owners & I think they will be hurt by the virus. Personally I think China let this get out of their lab in Wuhan. Accidental or Intentional ??? The Chinese economy has been in the toilet - and the USA was going full blast on all cylinders. Now those SOB's, China, Russia & Iran are blaming the USA. Remember Mao & Stalin killed 50+ million of their own citizens - so what did they care about if "outsiders" are sickened.

If this is too controversial - my apologies.

The truth is emerging and it is not pretty.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/five-eyes-dossier-chinese-coronavirus-coverup-u-s-findings

To the best of my ability - I will never purchase Chinese products again. I'm not referring to Corvette parts, since I already avoid that junk. That's where a tremendous amount of crappy Corvette repro parts originate. I don't call them repros – rather they are re-poop. That's where all those cheesy junk accessories come from also. You can email me & I'll reveal the big ones – rather than have Marc exposed to the wrath of someone.

I'm talking about every day items. Last week I picked up a plastic flower pot with soil & seedlings on my deck. It was smaller than gallon of milk. A huge chunk of plastic, broke off in my hand. Flower pots are by nature exposed to the Sun. This Chinese crap is not made to last 2 seasons. Yea I'm a gardener too.

On my way home from my warehouse, often I would stop at one of those ubiquitous Chinese strip mall restaurants for a Shrimp roll to tide me over till dinner. Never again. I will not support anything that has to do with the Chinese. It always amazed me, all their employees speak fluent Chinese, and I wonder how many were US citizens. Have you ever seen a White, Black, Hispanic, etc working in a Chinese restaurant.

We have been closed since March 17 and I don't miss the money or need it to live. Rather kind of enjoy the freedom. Unfortunately many are suffering & dying world wide. Although some may think me extravagant, I'm very frugal & my last major expenses was 1995. If I could not pay cash, I don't buy it. Perhaps you ought to consider your purchases of certain products. I have nothing against other nationalities and would love to have a 300SL gullwing or a 458 Ferrari, but you will never see a Chinese car in my garage.

Thank slick willie Clinton for getting china into the world trade organization. After that & nafta, remember Ross Perot (RIP) saying that "great sucking sound you hear" – those are the jobs leaving – along with the 60,000 manufacturing factories that closed.

It's Sunny today, I'm going back to gardening.

Ross Perot. Turns out almost 30 years later, he knew what he was talking about. Remember his charts? Remember some of his sayings? Referring to Bill Clinton: "He's so slick his socks won't stay up". And who could forget: "All hat no cattle".

Quiz:

QUIZ:
Hong Kong (H1Ni) Flu – where did it come from ?
MERS Flu – where did it come from ?
Swine Flu – where did it come from ?
SARS Flu – where did it come from ?
Corona Flu - where did it come from ?

Is there a lesson to be learned here?

EX5-cSnX0AEUts7

FDR FIRST INAUGURAL SPEECH:
So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and of vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory. And I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days.

DAN CRENSHAW:
Our tactical retreat in response to coronavirus was never meant to be a perpetual retreat. We always intended to go back on offense, and it's time to do that now.‬ ‪We can battle the pandemic alongside an open economy. ‬