New CFI injectors source?

Found some of the problem

Managed to hook up a pressure gauge to the fuel line, and powered things up. Got 1 1/4 psi. That might explain why the engine doesn't like to run. The gauge is the one I bought to do some exhaust backpressure tests with, so hopefully there's not a problem using it for both raw and burnt fuel pressure tests.

IM002137_zps1ef804d7.jpg

I decided to pull the possibly defective LT1 fuel pump and swap the original '84 pump back in temporarily to see if I could get the engine to run. Once I got everything apart I noticed the pump outlet hose was ripped and spongy. It tore even more when I handled it.

IM002135_zps4ac9ec14.jpg

I think I'll replace the torn hose and retry the pump to see if the leak was the problem, or if the pump has taken a powder. From the appearance of things it looks like the ethanol and water has taken a slight toll on things.

And it's running!

Swapped out the section of split hose and put the pump assembly back in (to check the actual pump operation and pressure). Keyed on and got 11 3/4 psi. Hot damn! I started the engine and ran it for about a half hour. Looks like I lucked out and it wasn't a ruined pump. I wasn't in the mood to spend the money for a new pump.

The '84 has been in storage the last eight years (since the last track day in '04) due to the moves to Florida and Missouri, and I'm looking forward to driving it again.