Hood Modification - need your input...

Sand down the scoop edges so as it blends in?

• Yes, feather it in.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, leave it proud.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wonder what it would look like turned around and flipped over and mounted like a naca scoop a little further forward. :huh2:

page60_3.jpg

Im gona nail these on my 78,get that twin turbo look

Is it okay to say that I think that scoop looks completely out of place? It's the same as on a subaru impreza right..or at least it looks similar.

I would have done something like Rolling Thunder did to his.

Not a fan sorry :friends:
Of course it's ok to say that mate, although I'm a bit upset now as I was originally in two minds about doing it until you said you liked it. That's what swayed me...

Then run a small scoop on the hood directly above the X-Stream filter lid.

3548208e3487955.jpg

The pics are photochops, nothing modified yet...

I actually like that :)

Somehow the new pics you posted now show the entire car and it looks too small on there, don't know quite how to say it...it looks iffy and out of place.

This is the pic I mean:
3549de12c3cc933.jpg

I agree, it looks a bit out, too small, wide enough but not long enough.

maybe if you make it a little longer.
the hood is so long it would blend in a little better

like a stigner hood without the point coming out of the hole and make the mouth of the hole of the scoop a little longer too and following the lines of the hood.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=29662&dept_id=1356

Last edited:
Somehow the new pics you posted now show the entire car and it looks too small on there, don't know quite how to say it...it looks iffy and out of place.

This is the pic I mean:
3549de12c3cc933.jpg
No probs mate, I was just messing with you :lol:

I quite like the look because it is small and innocuous. I guess it'll look a fair bit different too when the surrounding body work is done...

Have you though about cutting it down the middle and making it wider? I think it would flow better if you blended it into the body lines on the hood. Just a thought!

instead of letting the scoop slope down after the induction i would just extend it from its highest point all the way to the end of your hood.. sorda like a small cowl only with your induction in it.. just my .02cts..

It's only fiberglass:wink: Judging you other work this isn't a issue for you
Thanks for the compliment but that bad boy's staying right where it is :lol:

instead of letting the scoop slope down after the induction i would just extend it from its highest point all the way to the end of your hood.. sorda like a small cowl only with your induction in it.. just my .02cts..
I thought about taking the rear edge of the scoop all the way to the rear edge of the hood, if that's what you mean?