shifter plate mod... started today.....(pics)

Add a white racing stripe and it goes from "too much" to patriotic. :quote:

Those seats look great in there! I like the console too! How difficult was it to get the seats to fit? Do you have any of the options of the seats connected? I understand there's a specific computer that operates the seats for the C6's because of seat position memory, air bags, seat heat etc..

Hey MyBad, I'm impressed, your creative skills are top notch. One question though. How in hell do you grasp the parking brake handle? Guess if its like mine, it doesn't work anyway. ha ha :lol: Cup holders are more important than brakes for us C3ers. :mobeer:

Bulllshark

Those seats look great in there! I like the console too! How difficult was it to get the seats to fit? Do you have any of the options of the seats connected? I understand there's a specific computer that operates the seats for the C6's because of seat position memory, air bags, seat heat etc..

I bolted the seats directly to the floor. Like most aftermarket seats (or C5 seats) they're taller than the stock seats and if you're taller than 5'4" your head hits the Ttops....

I have the complete seat tracks in the for sale section :D

Hey MyBad, I'm impressed, your creative skills are top notch. One question though. How in hell do you grasp the parking brake handle? Guess if its like mine, it doesn't work anyway. ha ha :lol: Cup holders are more important than brakes for us C3ers. :mobeer:

Bulllshark

Correct: parking brake doesn't work. I don't even have the shoes installed. When I replace the trailing arms with the ones that I rebuilt last year I'll have a parking brake that works (hopefully). Then I need a parking brake handle extension :idea:

I'm taller than 5'4" but have glass tops so that gives a bit more room, but I'd still have to come up with different tracks or something, I need abit more head room than that. Still, they look great and have to feel better than the stock 81 seats I have.

Also, the cup holders did turn out really nice, but did I read your posts correctly, you've removed the A/C and heating controls all together? Any idea where you might put them if you decided to re-install? I need my A/C here in Florida!!

In a C3 you really need only one seat position: all the way down and back :devil:

You can make the stock tracks work with the C5 or C6 seats but that's still higher than stock. I tried it and didn't like it.

Agree ... AC would be nice but the previous owner removed the compressor and most of the AC stuff under the hood. I finished the job and removed the rest of the system.

In a C3 you really need only one seat position: all the way down and back :devil:

You can make the stock tracks work with the C5 or C6 seats but that's still higher than stock. I tried it and didn't like it.

Agree ... AC would be nice but the previous owner removed the compressor and most of the AC stuff under the hood. I finished the job and removed the rest of the system.

Just for the knowing, you CAN simplify those controls with a few easy to mount/hide toggle switches and put a/c back in the car...no biggie....

:yahoo: