low budget paint job - Mustang

Tow quarts of basecoat was again way to much ... have almost a quart leftover .... mixing ratio is 1:1 with reducer so I sprayed a little over two quarts and sprayed three coats base:

214b63b8c2391b6.jpg

and three coats clear (again a little over two quarts mixed 2:1 with activator):

214b63b8c29851a.jpg

Turned out ok for what it is... quick and cheap... it was never intended to be a show car paintjob, I even left a few dents in the doors :push:

I spent half a day "bagging up" my carport before priming the BOSS only to find out that when spraying the epoxy primer, there was almost no overspray and what there was, was dry before it hit the floor and when I sprayed the hi-build, there was a little overspray but it also dried before travelling too far at all. I have my headlight buckets to prime soon - no bagging up this time ;)

I just reinstalled my headlight buckets, only took me a year.
Upon reflection, the headlight buckets were moderately easish to remove - but that was with the nose off. Nose is back on now, I'm thinking I can see how it would take a year to put em back... :amazed:

Took me all of 5 mins to screw them back on. I'm just a lazy bitch.

Car looks good!

Half the neighbors yards must be charcoal too. Charcoal palm tree, charcoal cat...maybe a couple charcoal kids?

I spent half a day "bagging up" my carport before priming the BOSS only to find out that when spraying the epoxy primer, there was almost no overspray and what there was, was dry before it hit the floor and when I sprayed the hi-build, there was a little overspray but it also dried before travelling too far at all. I have my headlight buckets to prime soon - no bagging up this time ;)

I just reinstalled my headlight buckets, only took me a year.
Upon reflection, the headlight buckets were moderately easish to remove - but that was with the nose off. Nose is back on now, I'm thinking I can see how it would take a year to put em back... :amazed:

Took me all of 5 mins to screw them back on. I'm just a lazy bitch.
Excellent :D

Car looks good!
Yeah, came up good mate :thumbs:

Tow quarts of basecoat was again way to much ... have almost a quart leftover .... mixing ratio is 1:1 with reducer so I sprayed a little over two quarts and sprayed three coats base:

214b63b8c2391b6.jpg

and three coats clear (again a little over two quarts mixed 2:1 with activator):

214b63b8c29851a.jpg

Turned out ok for what it is... quick and cheap... it was never intended to be a show car paintjob, I even left a few dents in the doors :push:

Where there is a Will, there is a Way :1st:
Shows what Can Be Done :thumbs:
Lookin' Good.

If one can do it, two can do it! I need a cheap 20' paint job for my 90. Not really concerned with show quality since this will be a daily driven vette and used for everything.

1990corvettewhitepartson3.jpg

Looks good - did you color sand it yet? Take some shots from an angle so we can see it better.

Makes me think twice about renting a booth...

Looks good - did you color sand it yet? Take some shots from an angle so we can see it better.

Makes me think twice about renting a booth...

I had two runs that I sanded out but I have not finished wetsanding and buffing yet. I'll post a few more pics when it's polished :)