Wiper issues

theafus

I have a feeling that my wiper system isnt working because of a disconnected ground somewhere when I did the carb sway any ideas on how I would go about grounding it again

Most shark wiper motors have a clip on the frame that goes to a black grounding wire, which winds up on the starter area of the engine block, it's a ~10 ga black wire with a 3/8 loop on the end, and so is typically hooked to the battery post by mistake, so the wiper and heater motors are now hot on the frame at all times....

at any rate, I pulled MY black wire up top and found a handy spot on the intake so as never make THAT mistake again....

:smash::surrender:

well it was working the switch has power and all the wires on the two plugs on the motor and gear housing have power with the switch but happens when i hit the switch with either the sprayer motor or the wiper blades and the only trhing I have done after it was known to be working was to convert it to a carb :surrender:

my heater motor is working fine to does this ground run through anything I would have disconnected doing the carb conversion

Well it seems there are 3 plugs that connect to the wiper assembly under hood - have 2 of them plugged in the upper in the gear housing the lower in the motor itself but cannot figure out where the third plug goes any ideas? The third plug includes the ground the wiper delay wire and the sprayer wire
Got it fixed thanks

What was it?? just for the knowing....:stirpot:

OH, you got a later shark with delay, sorry, I can't remember enough to be any help.....my car has no relevance to yours now....

:eek::twitch: