floor damage repair ????

I sanded the bottom of the car a bit, contouring the floors is hard but worth it in the end since once undercoating is applied won't be able to tell there was damage. This side is by far the worse, you can see where I accidently over sanded and made a hole. I still have to lay a good 5 layers inside and probably 4 on the bottom of the car but it should be a strong repair when done.

You're sure you want to use that nastiness ??? Rust is not an issue, use some primer and flat black paint - it will look a lot nicer :thumbs:

I sanded the bottom of the car a bit, contouring the floors is hard but worth it in the end since once undercoating is applied won't be able to tell there was damage. This side is by far the worse, you can see where I accidently over sanded and made a hole. I still have to lay a good 5 layers inside and probably 4 on the bottom of the car but it should be a strong repair when done.

You're sure you want to use that nastiness ??? Rust is not an issue, use some primer and flat black paint - it will look a lot nicer :thumbs:

It's not finished

It's not finished

when you say "undercoating" you're hopefully not talking about that rubberized stuff ??? I've used it myself - a long time ago - and I remember it wasn't fun getting this stuff off... actually I had some of this junk on my Karmann Ghia. Worst thing is that after a while it hardens and then it separates from the surface it was sprayed on. Then it's trapping water... a great corrosion promoter IMO ... on fiberglass not needed anyways....

It's not finished

when you say "undercoating" you're hopefully not talking about that rubberized stuff ??? I've used it myself - a long time ago - and I remember it wasn't fun getting this stuff off... actually I had some of this junk on my Karmann Ghia. Worst thing is that after a while it hardens and then it separates from the surface it was sprayed on. Then it's trapping water... a great corrosion promoter IMO ... on fiberglass not needed anyways....

It has some sort of under coating, I think it's to protect the floors from being damaged from road debris being thrown up from the tires.

I glassed in filler layers after this picture later today but got dark and couldn't take pictures, I will post more tomorrow. I am going to start sanding the floor tomorrow then it will be ready to have the carpet put in. I am going to finish the bottom of the car at a later time though.

floorrepair25.jpg

floorrepair26.jpg

Well, I am completely fed up with this car so this is as good as this repair is going to get. Never buy one with floor damage LOL ....

floorrepair37.jpg

floorrepair36.jpg

floorrepair35.jpg

I guess at some point it's the best to just walk away from the car for a few days... I got fed up with it more than just a few times LOL....

Fiberglass repair is looking pretty good ... :thumbs:

The good thing about fiberglass is you can simply grind it down again and lay a few more layers if you don't like how it turned out....

I guess at some point it's the best to just walk away from the car for a few days... I got fed up with it more than just a few times LOL....

The good thing about fiberglass is you can simply grind it down again and lay a few more layers if you don't like how it turned out....

I have my 82 vette to work on when the 90 pisses me off LOL ...

I have my 82 vette to work on when the 90 pisses me off LOL ...

Thats funny... When I get pissed off at my 1977, I work on my 90. Now what is the definition of insanity... lol