Greenwood GTO style...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
...rear bumper. The one with the taller rear spoiler? Does anyone have one fitted? Does anyone have any pics of C3's with one fitted? Something with just the rear bumper, not the rest of the Greenwood "Batman" parts fitted.

I'm going to piss off my wavey urethane job for a fiberglass rear cover and I can get a GTO style cover for the same price as a stock looking one.

Need some pics to help me make up my mind...

Not sure, I think it would look out of place, the wing goes with the gto body pnels or like mybad with flares but just by itself, ...not sure.

Either way, this is a pretty car:

2485903d1d5ea7.jpg

to tell the truth, the Greenwood Vette doesn't do much for me - I don't really like the extra "slabs" on the sides.

Looking at Mybad's car though, in this pic it's hard to see the rear flare in the shadow, and I think the spoiler looks ok.

214811fc7b75af5.jpg

I forget what it's called now, but I'll be getting the small spoiler that goes under the front bumper too, like AGVI's vette in his avatar.

Buggered if I know what to do - make a snap decision tonight when I phone Vanacor's...

I forget what it's called now, but I'll be getting the small spoiler that goes under the front bumper too, like AGVI's vette in his avatar.

That's not a small front spoiler ...... that's a Daytona Cover that is molded in.
There is a difference.

Daytonasilver5.jpg

Here's an idea for the rear.
At a shop I worked at years ago ...... the owner had an '80 with a Daytona Nose,
ground effects and a rear wing like the one pictured. The car was Red w/white
interior. SB400...Nitrous....ETC.
Just wish I had taken some pics of it back then. It was"wicked".
I think the wing looks better with the bubble back glass.

323586335miBgsf_ph.jpg

323586372rywAwi_ph.jpg

That's not a small front spoiler ...... that's a Daytona Cover that is molded in.
There is a difference.

Daytonasilver5.jpg

This is the part from Ecklers that I meant John.
10377.jpg

It's just molded to the front bumper which should achieve the same look as the one in your pic.

I think those rear spoilers you're talking about look a little odd because of the stock spoiler on the rear bumper. Thanks for the pics though mate :thumbs:

I agree that wing is a little radical but it can grow on you.....it did me. :)

Not trying to be argumentative here ........ but the Eckler's Web site is not clear
in regards to that spoiler. I have worked with one of these covers and the pictures
in their catalog are misleading as well. Their "OLD" catalogs showed it correctly.

Look at the pic. When you buy a Daytona cover the area I outlined in RED does
not come with the cover......it has to be bought separately. Note the two listed below the cover.
Most everyone will mold this section in (as shown in the photo). The reason
for it being separate is, this is the area everyone tears up hitting speed bumps, curbs,
parking lot stops, etc.
This is so the cover can be fixed with out having to buy a new cover.
(We did not mold this part in on my old bosses car cause he was forever running into something with it.)

There are a lot more differences between the two covers (stock / custom)
than just that little lip. You will be doing a "LOT" of modifying to make it work
on a stock cover.

Just don't want you to pay a small fortune to have it shipped to Sandland only
to discover it's not what you thought you were getting.

Ecklers-Page.jpg

Not trying to be argumentative here ........ but the Eckler's Web site is not clear in regards to that spoiler...
Not argumentative at all John, thanks for the head's up. I was led to believe that the part I showed fitted straight on to a stock bumper - you've saved me a lot of wasted time and effort. :thumbs::thumbs:

I did buy a new rear bumper cover last night - the one with the taller spoiler...

I dunno what it is, my cynicism from the experiences expressed on the paint thread, but really, I see countless of these kids running around with cars SO messed up with all those 'effects' being totaled by curbs, driveways, speed bumps, etc....i'ts just a fact of life....

when I see front spoilers on vettes, most of them look like a vacuum cleaner...and the only seriously decent shark spoiler I have seen is on Alex/Sadistics' shark.....that don't look like it should drag ground so awful evil, and the desigh could be altered to not to without destroying the appearance....but these HOOVER vac cleaner looking things.....

suck....sorry guys, but it's a friggin CAR, and if not driveable on the street....
well, not for ME....

:hi::flash:

I only want to mod the spoiler along the lines of something like this:

COLLECTOR_BSF010_KGK100_BWF010.jpg

Wayne, MY problem is the everyday USE and driveability of the car, IF that design drags driveways, curbs, parking stops, speed bumps....it's freeking useless.....

not knocking the LOOKS....at least it dont look like a freeking Kirby or Hoover vac cleaner....

so it's close to Alex's front spoiler there...

thing IS, I really don't have an absolute measurement as to just what and where ANY spoiler will or will NOT drag on anything.....

guessing game....so I have to build the thing kinda conservatively and then hope it don't drag ground....with MY luck it probably would, and take out the entire bodywork under the bumper....:mad::bonkers::crutches:

rear spoiler

There's a black 80 I've seen several times running around town here with the taller rear spoiler and it looks damn good.I'm planning on putting one on mine when I get it painted.:thumbs:

I bought one last week but it'll be a little while before it's here. I won't be fitting it for a while anyway. I bought it from Vanacor's and it was the same price as a fiberglass standard rear bumper cover and cheaper than anywhere else that I could find.

It crossed my mind today to put a LED strip 3rd brake light in the centre top of the spoiler - maybe too ricer though...

Something I have seen before and thought of doing to our '81.

Is a 3rd brake lamp off a C4......the one that mounted to the TOP
of the rear hatch. Mounted on the Halo of a C3 and painted body color.....
IMO.....looks real nice and looks as if it could be factory.

At the moment......... NO :(

I'll see if I can't locate one.......I know I have seen the kits
for this light... will have to do another search this weekend.

FYI

"·Center high mount stoplights were added to 1986 Corvettes to conform to federal requirements. The coupe's
was mounted above the rear window; the convertible's was in a less-conspicuous rear facia location."

I have an after market one I bought ages ago that I was going to put inside the the car at the top of the rear windscreen but I'm curious now with what you've suggested John. I've seen pics of C4's with the 3rd brake light on top of a rear spoiler, but nothing in the top of the hatch...