Hood Modification - need your input...

Sand down the scoop edges so as it blends in?

• Yes, feather it in.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, leave it proud.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
I cut up my hood this morning and I'm almost ready to attach the scoop - permanently!

3549d8790297565.jpg

3549d8790352fa8.jpg

3549d87903ecc9e.jpg

3549d8790497566.jpg

3549d879054ba88.jpg

3549d87905e7ebe.jpg

I'm happy with the positioning of it and the way it will look except for one little detail.

3549d87906a11c6.jpg

I was thinking of sanding down the edges so that once the scoop is on, with a little filler it will look like the scoop is part of the hood - basically blending it in.

My son thinks I should leave the edges like they are. Attach it so that there's no gaps anywhere but leave the edges alone so the scoop stands slightly proud.

So, I'd like some other opinions please...

i reakon it would look better blended in.... then it wouldnt look so much like an add on.
a coomon and i think neat touch ive seen before is to graft on the 67 stinger big block scoop onto a c3.... looks mighty fine, but i havnt see one on an 80-82 bonnet (hood) before.

Wayne, I vote for blended in but I agree with Nifty abot the stinger scoop!

I agree with these guys...make it pat of the hood..otherwise it looks like you can just pull it off.

That's part of the reason I did not go with a bolt on front spoiler. I hope I don't offend anyone, but they look like an "afterthought".

I don't know Wayne,i need some more pic's of it to make a decision.
Here is what you do, Put Christine up there beside the scoop,take some more pic's and post them,and i will let you know what i think :bounce::bounce:

Yeah, a Stinger hood would look pretty good. I originally picked this one up because I thought it could look OEM on a C3. Thanks for the votes, although my son still thinks it'd look better sitting proud - tough I spose - I'll start shaping it tomorrow :lol:

This is a good angle to show both the new side louver and the hood scoop. I reckon they go well together...

3549d8d2a533303.jpg

I voted to mold it in as well........but here's another idea..???
It would be a little more work but I think you have the skills to
pull it off......make a "shaker" out of it and the hood will shut over it.
Like the old Mustangs and Trans Ams had in the early 70s.

Here is what you do, Put Christine up there beside the scoop,take some more pic's and post them,and i will let you know what i think :bounce::bounce:
Good thinking Kev, I'll run it past Christine! She saw it today when she got home from work and said "that's buggered it for any more photo's", to which I replied that she'd just have to sit behind it with a leg either side of it :wink:

I voted to mold it in as well........but here's another idea..???
It would be a little more work but I think you have the skills to
pull it off......make a "shaker" out of it and the hood will shut over it.
Like the old Mustangs and Trans Ams had in the early 70s.
John, you don't know how close I came to doing just that but in the end, decided to go with it part of the hood. The GT Fords in Australia have a great shaker setup and I would have gone with one of them rather than try and mod this scoop. I'm also going to make a "wall" that will attach to the underside of the hood so that when the hood closes, the "wall" will encircle the air filter so that most of the air is drawn in through the scoop rather than through a hot radiator and over a hot engine :thumbs:

Good thinking Kev, I'll run it past Christine! She saw it today when she got home from work and said "that's buggered it for any more photo's", to which I replied that she'd just have to sit behind it with a leg either side of it :wink:

Yea :nuts: that will help me decide on if i like it or not,go grab her and put her up there :amazed:

Mold it in, it'll look better than with the gap. With the gap it looks like you stuck in on there with double sided tape....

:huh: I could swear I've seen such a scoop before. (looks out of the window) Oh yeah, there it is ;) :nuts:

96yuc4.jpg

I was home on vacation in Australia a couple of years ago when I first saw one of those scoops on a Nissan Patrol. I went straight to the Nissan dealer and bought one :waxer:

I dunno how applicable it is, but when putting my BB hood rise on, I used two SS 1/4-20 flathead screws with kep nutz on the bottom, counter sunk and buried in the filler/Bondo, on either side of the rear opening....to aid the glue from EVER coming apart, especially if it was ever lifted there...

:beer:

There's provision for 6 studs to mount onto the underside of the scoop - they slid on like "body nuts" but with a stud. I couldn't use the front 2 but I used the other 4. So with them and the 8115, it shouldn't ever come off...

I was home on vacation in Australia a couple of years ago when I first saw one of those scoops on a Nissan Patrol. I went straight to the Nissan dealer and bought one :waxer:
:D pretty universal part then. Mine is on a Toyota Hilux.

Attachments

• hilux_scoop.jpg
    hilux_scoop.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
Is it okay to say that I think that scoop looks completely out of place? It's the same as on a subaru impreza right..or at least it looks similar.

I would have done something like Rolling Thunder did to his.

Not a fan sorry :friends: