[2001] turn signal flasher

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Who knows where it is? I have a problem with the signals on our '01. They will intermittently just stop working. Whenever this happens there is an audible click or pop and the signals are completely unresponsive. This will continue generally until the car is shut down and then on restart (generally) they will work normally. This leads me to the conclusion that maybe the flasher is overheating. However, there are some times when they will quit and after a while we can hear the click and they resume working.
Thoughts?

Well you can stop looking because it does not have one. It is part of the turnsignal/headlight switch assembly. You have to replace the whole thing.

:flash::goodnight:

Another reason to stick with my C3 maybe I just olde....:mad:

What is it doing. The system also has the hazard light in line, so if nothing is working this could also be the issue. Try your hazard lights and see what happens. If this is the issue, the hazard light switch is fairly cheap, but you do not probably want to know what it is going to take to put it in.

Who knows where it is? I have a problem with the signals on our '01. They will intermittently just stop working. Whenever this happens there is an audible click or pop and the signals are completely unresponsive. This will continue generally until the car is shut down and then on restart (generally) they will work normally. This leads me to the conclusion that maybe the flasher is overheating. However, there are some times when they will quit and after a while we can hear the click and they resume working.
Thoughts?

The flasher is above the radio, right behind the flashers button, Try pushing the flasher button severly times, alot of the time it will fix it, Or without taking the dash apart, put an in line hiper flasher in. Takes about 10 minutes.

What is it doing. The system also has the hazard light in line, so if nothing is working this could also be the issue. Try your hazard lights and see what happens. If this is the issue, the hazard light switch is fairly cheap, but you do not probably want to know what it is going to take to put it in.

Yep. I have changed 2 of those haz flasher POS from England. What a PITA that was the first time.

Yep. I have changed 2 of those haz flasher POS from England. What a PITA that was the first time.

Lucas? prince of darkness???

:clap::gurney: