Great racing quotes

BangkokDean

"I guess you can't take that one without lifting". Mario Andretti standing beside his crashed car
on trying to take the old turns 3 & 4 at Laguna Seca without lifting.

"Gotta work the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car"

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" – Peter Egan

"The best way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a large one and work down from there"

"It's not a throttle, it's a detonator"

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" – Enzo Ferrari

"Racing is the best way to convert money into noise"

"It is useless to put your brakes on when you're upside down" Paul Newman (My favorite)

"If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow" – Ross Bently

"Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick two"

"Racing… because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"

"Racing cost today exactly the same as it did twenty years ago…it takes every penny you have"

"It would be cheaper to spend our money on cocaine & hookers"

"You'll know you've made it when you wear out your rear tires…before your front tires"

"I know I'm the slowest part of the car" – B. Wright

"Never run out of real estate, ideas and traction at the same time"

"Poverty is owning a racecar"

"Here, hold on to my beer"

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Wow, what a ride'"

"Wide open until you see God, then brake"

"Racing is the constant search for the weakest link" –Duane Bailey

"Guys, you can date whomever you want, but marry a girl that can back up a trailer" – Michael Martin

"Duct tape is 'The Force': it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together"

"The ideal racecar will expire 100 yards past the finish line"

"You can't make a racehorse out of a pig. But, if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig" – Bob Akin

"If I had all the money I spent on cars…I'd spend it all on cars" – Scott Fisher

"Driver has no cash" (lettered under the driver's window on a racecar)

Dean - Thanks for sharing those - I'll add to my collection. I'm going down to Sebring this weekend to run the Enduro on Saturday and and the Sprints on Sunday.
Here are 3 of my favorites postered:

126953fdb69bc1e65.jpg

This from one of my former instructors Bruce MacInnes:
126953fdb69c05f6d.jpg

Another quote of his; If you're gonna crash; "Don't close your eyes, you'll miss the best part."

And an all time favorite:
126953fdb69c40077.jpg

And, from Hemmingway:
"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

Cheers - Jim

I have to wonder what year he said, "Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" – Enzo Ferrari

Ralphy