1978 corvette chrome bumper conversion

Leapingcat

Where is the photo of the red 1978 corvette that was converted to a chrome bumper car. Can someone post this pic(s) enlarged?

I would think it easier to do the fastback on the chrome car than go the way the pix you wanting.....

like to see it also....LOTSA work, for sure....

:thumbs:

TONS of work!

just for starters you need to change out the front and rear clips and the bumper mount brackets on the frame.
God knows what else of little detail items also have to get done.

After all that work and you have ruined the value of the rubber bumper car, you might as well have sold the later model Vette and just purchase a chrome bumper model to begin with!
Might as well really ruin the car even more - jack it up with a suspension lift kit, put in some differentials, and turn it into a 4x4 vette.

I have seen a 69 for sale two years ago that had a fastback window. V-Twin had a picture posted on corvette forum, but it was small, it also had the vette mod logo on it.
Which is why i have asked the question.

It's only bodywork and fiberglass - if you do the work yourself anything can be done.... you need two donor cars to make one out of the two..... let's say a crashed '78 and a rotted '68.... cut the front and rear section and transplant it on the newer body...

I like customs but a chrome bumper with the bubble window would look a little weired IMO.... to each his own.... maybe I like it once I see it...

There was a thread with pics of a C2/C3 mixbreed.... that looked really good....

That would be an interesting pic to see,but not something i would do to my 78,it would just not look right with chrome bumpers :shocking:
But i did see a mod on a later c3 where somebody made a fiberglass part that ran down the back window to divide it like the 63,now that looked good,and the part would be easy to fit with out cutting up the car.