Vir

J. Abbott

Nestled in the garage.
IMG_9373.jpg
[/IMG]
We actually thought we were going to work on it while we were there. I think the only thing I did to it was let some kids sit in it. This was taken during the Corvette Museum event at VIR last year.

VIR crash

Here is ZO6 that an older gentleman wrecked on Sat evening that we repaired at night for him so he could drive it again on Sunday. Long story short allot of work and he did not get cleared to drive on Sunday, which is better then letting him drive if he was not capable of it.
IMG_9374.jpg
[/IMG]

Sunday afternoon when it went to get loaded on a trailer.

IMG_9399.jpg
[/IMG]

I wish I had taken a before picture. The car had the LF wheel all pushed up into the wheel well and the front bumper and splitter were just hanging off it. The headlight was ready to fall out. Let me say this, this car needs to go to the body shop for proper repairs, we were told the car was going back out on the track on Sunday and needed to be safe. There is allot of 3M adhesive in this car when the finished photo was taken, but you could stand on the front.

:bounce: shoot, pretty good work there, that car even looks drivable....:surrender:

It was, it was the driver that was not ready. If I remember correctly he had MS and had a heat stroke on Sat which is what caused the accident. On Sunday he could barely walk so they would not clear him to drive, which was a good thing. The staff at VIR was amazing though, my guys helped load his car in the trailer and some of the staff members from VIR drove him home to Winchester VA which is about 4 hours from VIR. That is a great place to go whether you are watching or driving.

We are helping the museum again with this event, if anyone would like to go they are more then welcome, I would like to meet some of you personally. If you want to drive during the event you will have to register with the museum.

Thanks
Justin