Could a screen or something be added to a vettes sending unit to stop syphoning?

JeffP1167

I think it may be my neighbors but not very sure since I work nights. What I thought was possibly an erratic gauge or fuel leak on my 1990 vette isn't since I have made a scratch in the fuel cap and periodically it is moved.

I'm hoping the 90 sending unit is like my 82's but one concern is when filling the car just how far down the neck does the nozzle go and when full how far below the neck is the fuel level.

Before you say buy a locking gas cap ... I know about them and hate the hassles of needing a key to unlock them and what not.

Also I would think I would need a screen that wouldn't impair nozzle flow to where it would shut off every 5 seconds but yet keep any size hose from being able to fit in the tank. At 4 bucks a gallon and 1/2 tank of fuel missing all the time it is time to put a stop to this permanently!

here is my 82 sending unit does anyone have ideas and is a 90 sending unit similiar?

DSCF1013.jpg

Benelli 12 ga 8 shot, one up, show them the pistol grip handle....

CASE CLOSED!!!!!

:crutches::censored:

Closed Circuit video to a DVR?
Big Dog - and don't feed him before you leave for work!

Cheers - Jim

Sadly all I have is a Golden Retriever and she is more of a couch potatoe then. Doubt she would care about my gas but mess with her couch then there could be trouble.

Benelli 12 ga 8 shot, one up, show them the pistol grip handle....

CASE CLOSED!!!!!

I personally think a Mini-Gun would be a better idea.

:crutches::censored:

They used to sell a tapered spring that fits inside the gas tank neck. It would prevent a hose from being inserted into the tank for siphoning yet not restrict the flow of fuel when you fill with gas.

Also - buy some RAT traps and place them around your car....

They used to sell a tapered spring that fits inside the gas tank neck. It would prevent a hose from being inserted into the tank for siphoning yet not restrict the flow of fuel when you fill with gas.

Yep. I remember those.. Bitch is, YOU cannot syphon it out then.:goodevil:

Yep. I remember those.. Bitch is, YOU cannot syphon it out then.:goodevil:

FI pump could empty that tank in about ten minits.....

:drink::rolleyes: