85 wiring question

js292

I going through the harness on my 85 and finding several broken and/or disconnected wires. Anyone have any idea were this red wire is suppose to be connected too?

Attachments

• 85 Vette 39112.JPG
    85 Vette 39112.JPG
    722.6 KB · Views: 8
This is right by the booster where all the fan relays are. The fan is rigged to a toggle switch (was, I just ripped that sh*t out) so my guess is it probably goes to the relay mounted behind the battery because that one has a red wire that has a wire crimp to it.

Attachments

• 85 Vette 39113.JPG
    85 Vette 39113.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 2
If you need I can maybe get my wife to scan the '87 vette manual I have, the block/flow diagrams of the main electrical systems....really need what is the function of the wires...what don't work, what area, been too long since I sold my '87, no phreaking WAY to remember any of that, not that I needed to know anyway, and certainly NO recollection one way or another....

need send them in email, as she scans them to me, then I forward to you....

lemme know your addy, maybe I can help....

:beer::shocking:

Thanks, I have a shop manual but the diagrams aren't in color and that would help if your's are. I should have kept my 84 manual because it was in color and not a reprint like the 85 one I have now.

Thanks, I have a shop manual but the diagrams aren't in color and that would help if your's are. I should have kept my 84 manual because it was in color and not a reprint like the 85 one I have now.

What I am thinking of is the 'block diagrams' section rather than the blinding wiring schematics themselves....the concept of the wiring.....layout, that is shown in black/red/orange/ whatever....been a while looking at it since the fan arguments over 'there'.....

so you need something about your fans??? going to take a bit to look, and many pages to scan....lemme go look and see for sure what I do have...

bet it's same as what you have in your '85....but in 24 years the amount of possible modifications are running well, as you already know....

:crap: