'97 Saturn...Int bat drain..dead...

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Another neighbor friend, who is kinda slo...he has a '97 Saturn stick shift, so he roll starts it when he can....

every once in a while the battery is dead in the mornings or evenings coming home again....

checked it this AM, 10 volts...

but at the lo voltage, the door locks act up....

I can't see any drain anywhere...of course...

anyone any clues??

:surrender:

I had a 94 Saturn for many years. The alternator would fail on that fairly regularly until I switched from using Saturn ones to the cheepest Kragen one available. That one lasted for more than 15 years and 150k miles.

It got noisey when it failed and never made the "Battery" symbol come on. It just wouldn't charge properly. You might start by testing the alternator.

I had a 94 Saturn for many years. The alternator would fail on that fairly regularly until I switched from using Saturn ones to the cheepest Kragen one available. That one lasted for more than 15 years and 150k miles.

It got noisey when it failed and never made the "Battery" symbol come on. It just wouldn't charge properly. You might start by testing the alternator.

I looked at this once before a few weeks ago, and the alt SEEMED to be somewhat lazy on the charge, but did go to 13.8+ at decent rpm's....

not looked at it since he been clutch popping it to kick over....

:censored: