Hello, Newb here

Colvindesign

Hello, I was searching for wheel pics when I cam across a link to this site. I don't have a vette, but I have some C3 designs I've made that I thought I would share with you all.

The vette sketches are just quick line drawings so far,
The first is a basic clean up of a C3, with little change
The second is a modernized version of the design with a new greenhouse design and modernized lines.
The third is a fully redesigned C3 using cues from the Corvette stingray show car.

The fourth is a sample of a finished rendering.

Anyone want to build one of my designs please shoot me a message!

Attachments

• C3mako.jpg
    C3mako.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 12
  • C3R.jpg
    C3R.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 14
  • C3Z.jpg
    C3Z.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 14
  • fordcoupe.jpg
    fordcoupe.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

I rather like #3 there with the vette flags on upper left corner....

I feel the basic Mako Shark has been worked over so hard over the last 40 years, that efforts there diluted by now...

the orange one is marked Ford...something....at any rate I think i'ts over done, too much with the lines...too complicated....

but #3 has some definite probabilities.....but for ME to make it....

you deserve a better body man...:hi::cry:

Last edited:
Umm, yeah I stated the 4th one was a rendered to show what a finished drawing would look like. Yes, it's a Ford coupe.

I like things with wheels. I love Vettes (got that from my dad) and Mustangs. I even like motorcycles, trucks, etc.
I have made designs for a lot of different cars, too many to list here, some not even sold in the US.

I drew up these ideas after coming across a 2500 dollar pile of C3. It was disassembled, frame and a lot of components blasted, some powdercoated, etc. I was thinking that it would be cool to totally update the car.

- Brian

I like that design, pretty sweet.

That design is done in some 3D software (can't afford that right now).

Thanks for the replies!

The background picture is in Canada I believe. I've seen it somewhere but the picture had a 3rd gen F-body in it if I am correct. But could be wrong as usual.

The rendered red one looks to have a little Maserati blood in it.
c-ya
ToddG

who was that guy on here that added a C6 front clip and rear clip sections to his C3?
Do you mean this one?
2j0cun7.jpg
3444njp.jpg

That was a thread over at CF. I don't remember the guy posting it here.

It's clearly artwork.

A pretty damned fine job! Somebodies got some talent!!:yahoo:
Yeah, I think it's artwork - the shadows don't look right compared to where the sun is. Pretty good job though.

I don't remember the guy posting it here.

I saw the thread at cf ... great work, I think he said he's having molds made... he's going to be making lotsa money with his work.
Somebody invite him over here, his car seems to be "slightly modded" so he sure would fit here :lol:

Yes, that was the car I was thinking about. I like the frontend work, however not the backend treatment. But awesome work in all aspects, that I would consider doing to my 82 vette project.