One day.... It will be a race car!

Have a look at their website : https://daviescraig.com.au/

These products are really famous here, used on mining equipment, four wheel drives and indeed in racing when allowed. I know of two gold prospectors who swear by them after being stranded in the Australian desert, and used them to come back . They had the pumps for spares, just cut a hose install the pump et voila !!

Finished my set up for wheel alignment and corner weights. Found out that my hoist was the best place to do it, easy to level and make dead flat.

thum_39345b2e3af1a5cff.jpg

I am lucky to have a hoist to adjust the rear toe, what a pain even with the Guldstrand system !!
And after it , corner weights !

thum_39345b2e3af1b9199.jpg

This is with no driver weight, 2 gal of fuel . Kind of shipping weight then. 1367.5 kg = 3014.82 lbs

thum_39345b2e3b2de4615.jpg

Last edited:
And the final take.
45 kg (99.20 lbs) on the driver seat,2 gal of fuel, rear height adjusted and front and rear bars connected.
1412.5 kg = 3114 lbs

thum_39345b2e3cf6cd38c.jpg

Looks great, Thierry! I saw you ditched the power windows, do you still have manual windows? If youre required to have windows (or you just want to keep them) the 80-82 glass is thinner than the early glass. Obviously no convertible glass available but I wonder if you could have someone cut the back edge to turn it into 'vert glass. Its the little things that add up! (or should I say go down??)

P.S. I got the customs forms for your backing plates today... going out in the next day or so

Hey man!

Yes I have manual windows , keeping them more for convenience than going all out.
I didn't know that the later model windows are thinner !!: And I know of a glazier who can help me there !!

You are right, a bit here and there help a lot, and the car is still looking quite normal.
And again, many thanks for the time you are spending for me. Err... you need a custom form ??

I think that the circle is closed now.
I finished my first real race meeting with the car. Did four races, started middle of the pack, finished middle of the pack. No scratches nor drama, pretty happy about it, had to learn ( still learning ) those Hoosier TD's tires and other thing but again really happy with the car.
Now I need to solve some brake pads knock back, fabricate another adjustable rear anti roll bar, plus .... plus ...

I think that the circle is closed now.
I finished my first real race meeting with the car. Did four races, started middle of the pack, finished middle of the pack. No scratches nor drama, pretty happy about it, had to learn ( still learning ) those Hoosier TD's tires and other thing but again really happy with the car.
Now I need to solve some brake pads knock back, fabricate another adjustable rear anti roll bar, plus .... plus ...

Glad to hear that things went well. :thumbs:

Any pictures?

Ah yes !! that camera !!
Cannot have it work when I want it or start on its own !!
And the sound is horrible.
The cam is an early Gopro , the sound was crap with my vintage Jaguar, so I modified it to accept an external mike. And bought a good quality ( forgot the brand ) microphone. Better but lot of white noise.
But with the Vette the mike cannot accept the level of the exhaust sound . Ok ish at idle and up to 2000rpm. Over that and the recording is just saturated.
I tried several different positions for it in the cockpit, stuffed in the filling of a rabbit fluffy toy that I stole from my dog , even outside in a can filled of foam a the back of the fuel tank.
The other videos that you can see on Youtube with a good sound recording appears to be with cars who are not too loud .

Anyway, if someone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
In the main time I should by another camera.