Stock frame weight?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Anybody ever actually measure the weight of a C3 frame? I'll be measuring mine when I get it completed, and I'd like to know 1) what the net weight impact is due to all the mods I did to it, and 2) how the stock weight compares to some of the high dollar replacement frame weights.

Thanks for any info,
Mike

Can't tell you weight, but it's all two men can do to lift one, and carry it across the driveway....I know, I did it once on one end.....we were fighting it....

so I guess at 400 lbs....but no more....

:fishing::eek:

Well, I've been manhandling this frame for quite a while now. Everytime I turn around, I need to flip the frame upside down or rightside up to weld different stuff, and while it's not fun, I've managed to do it myself. Until I get an official number, I'm inclined to agree with the ballpark of your estimate.

And the answer is:

Bought a couple of bathroom scales at Wallymart the other day. Stuck 'em under my frame this afternoon and got a total of 320 pounds. I figure I've got about 25-30 pounds of additional gussets and tubing in it. OTOH, I've also got about five pounds of grinding dust inside the frame that ought to gradually make its way out once I get it on the road. LOL
Still looking for the weight of a stock unmolested frame if anyone has the figures.

Thanks,
Mike