CV-joints in the drive shaft?

Stroker-427

Nobody use CV-joints in the driveshaft?
I'm trying to find some CV-joint to be used in my driveshaft...... it should be the definitive solution for any vibration issue.

I'm pretty happy with my TKO600..... but no way to reach the right angles in my car and the result is some small vibration (not that bad) very annoing at 130 Km/h and from 160 to 190 Km/h.

suggestions?

Steel..... !

I'm checking the possibility to use CV-Joint from a 993 Porsche (frome the half-shafts).
They are designed to be bpolted on a round flange.... so the right slip-joke modified and the right flange at the differential should be the solution.

Do you know OD and splines of the TKO 600 slip-joke?

The weather here is nice and I like to drive my C3.... instead of to disassemble my drivetrain! ;-)

might want to try alu shaft first, maybe with one of those donuts on them like the 4th gen F bodies have. I swapped to alu from steel in my camaro and it did wonders.

The TKO yoke is 31 splines, 7.5" long and uses a 1330 joint.

Did a search for you on Dennys site, just to be sure

1330 Series 31 spline Slip yoke to fit Tremec Manual Transmissions.
Length to center of u-joint... Dimension #1 = 6 inches
Barrel Diameter... Dimension #2 = 1 11/16 inches
Barrel Length... Dimension #3 = 4 1/4 inches
U-joint cap diameter... Dimension #4 = 1 1/16 inches
U-joint width... Dimension #5 = 3 5/8 inches
Series... 1330
Spline count... 31
Slip%20yoke%20drawing%202(4).jpg

Mhmmm..... may I will go with the alu driveshaft!

..It should kill resonances, I hope.

Anyway, as you know, I like so much to make allways some different.... so I will keep to investigate for CV-Joints.

CVs would be a real nice solution. If you find something, let us know. Maybe dennys can set you up?