Gas tanks....EPA???

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
IS it a EPA thing that junkyards have to crush gas tanks?? or what??

heard all sorts of stories....but other than draining the fluids outta a junk car, what possible advantage is it to the EPA that crushing gas tanks would bring??

I know that years ago, my favorite junkyard sold me a gas tank as a secondary on a van I had....but that is 30 years ago....
and they sold me another one about '89 or so for the Goat....

I remember comments they were not supposed to do it though, but I knew the guys.....

Now I need a tank, and so it seems I may well have to get it welded instead...

anyone???

:crap::(

heard all sorts of stories....but other than draining the fluids outta a junk car, what possible advantage is it to the EPA that crushing gas tanks would bring??

I know that years ago, my favorite junkyard sold me a gas tank as a secondary on a van I had....but that is 30 years ago....

I remember comments they were not supposed to do it though, but I knew the guys.....

anyone???

It's a liability thing

anyone???

It's a liability thing

I got the tank welded, so it's fine now, but really, that no more liability than a front suspension part....

:confused:

anyone???

It's a liability thing

I got the tank welded, so it's fine now, but really, that no more liability than a front suspension part....

Your forgetting the "stupid"factor.
Explosion during transport/install.
Bubba using it for domestic water, etc.
Bubba deciding to weld it himself, ............

anyone???

It's a liability thing

Ever seen a flock of Buzzards circling over roadkill? Look a lot like lawyers and liability lawsuits.

anyone???

It's a liability thing

Ever seen a flock of Buzzards circling over roadkill? Look a lot like lawyers and liability lawsuits.

Lawyers should not be allowed to hold public office of ANY kind, conflict of interest laws....being occifers of the courts and all.....

unpaid advisers ONLY.....

:smash::smash: