Street Shop Custom Chassis

Kid Vette

Master-Baiter
Just came back from Bloomington Gold. I stopped by the Street Shop booth and snapped some pics that I thought I would share.

C5 suspension:

DSC02181.JPG

DSC02182.JPG

DSC02183.JPG

DSC02184.JPG

DSC02185.JPG

C4 suspension:

DSC02187.JPG

DSC02188.JPG

Nice. What is the C5 rear setup using for a differential? Any idea what those frames cost?

Wow nice!

The diff in the c1 frame is a C4 Dana 44. The other one, I dunno, it's not a ford 8.8 and kinda looks like a bmw unit, not sure, I can't imagine they would rework a corvette unit to get the mounting ears on and what are they using for halfshafts. C5 uses CV joints, not u joints and axles instead of shafts.

The C5 looks like a Viper Dana with a modified batwing. Looks (sorta) like they are using the C5 K member but not sure how you could get a C3 track width using that.

The viper diffs I have seen have those forward mounts, but they were further up the case and higher, and a c beam pad on the other side of the corvette one, however maybe this is a latest gen viper diff? The early ones used 1350 u joints, the later onies DO use CV joints and axles.

BTW, the viper diff is a super dana 44 (uses dana 60 sized pinion) also, same as c4, just a stronger housing

I saw those down in kissimmee

They look like nice pieces

ME too, same place.....they are super sweet, but that 7 grand price is a bit steeeeeeeep.....I bet my welder buddy and I could get some steel and make one for about 500 bux.....take a while for sure, but dooable....

:smash::smash:be one hell of a lot stronger than this stock frame....

:smash:

Gene, Was it 7K for just the frame?

Jeez....I can't honestly answer that, but I THINK it was.....maybe you need call for sure.....

I say that for some 3-4 grand it would be on my short list for my car....

but then again IF I needed a frame, would it bring some 2 grand of satisfaction above a stock frame from local source??

:huh2:

I have e-mailed and called these guys and left a message. No response yet. They are either so busy making frames they can't respond or they are just not very good at running a business.