69 Z/28 - Resto almost complete

78Vette-SA

Dont ussualy frequent OTHER topics but just did here and saw some great cars and great work going on.

I too have been working on projects other than Corvettes. Still a chevy though. Actually I've really enjoyed working on this as it seems to have more room to work and things are a little more open. It belongs to a friend of mine but I did the work for him as a little sideline.

It's the real deal with the correct motor and tranny. bored it .30 over and installed a little cam and chambered exhaust for some thumpity thump.

Will be ready for the road by spring.

Before:

p8060002.jpg

p8220054.jpg

p8220063.jpg

Almost Completed:

P1010065.JPG

P1010049.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010079.JPG

Last edited:
Nice job! Lot's of work went into that with spectacular results.

Need more pix:amazed:

I'm sure you have talked to Jeff about his 69 Z 28. His went through a lot of mods but is back to bone stock now. It is interesting to drive a stock 302. That one you did looks great. I'm sure he will be pleased when it is done.

I'm sure you have talked to Jeff about his 69 Z 28. His went through a lot of mods but is back to bone stock now. It is interesting to drive a stock 302. That one you did looks great. I'm sure he will be pleased when it is done.

Hey thanks Gordon.

Yes, Jeff and I had briefly discussed his Camaro at Carlisle then when we spoke the other night. Like he said, fortunately when he modded the daylights out of it he did it in a way so he could put it back to original.

The one I'm doing should be done by the end of February then I pick up the 65 Convertible from Jeff and will start a frame off on it although it doesn't need a whole lot. I'm going to make a nice sweet BB driver out of it. I may throw a 70 LT-1 clone motor I have in it for now until I get the BB rebuilt. We'll see how things come together time and money wise.

Thanks again,

Joe..

It is interesting to drive a stock 302.

To say the least! They have no low end torq. It takes about 3500 rpm's and let the clutch out REAL SLOW, to get it started...

But you get that sucker up to 6-grand and LOOK OUT!

Georgous car.... love those things.

(Worth some change too!!!):yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: