Hot Stick!

Mine does. It doesn't affect the nob, but the shaft gets hot...but not so much so that you can't touch it.

Under the leather boot, is a rubber weather boot, it's holy....

leaks hot air.....

:hunter:

BTW, you can try some RTV and a patch together for a while, maybe a tie wrap around the stick if it's gone there....mine lasted some 5 years that a way before I finally gave it up....

I actually have 2 rubber boots on the stick, one under the console screwed on to the trans tunnel and then the one on the console itself.

You sure that rascle is sealed on the stem/stick?? mine was hotter'n a 2 buck pistol....and when sealing it up good, the heat went away....

wonder about your under tunnel heat shield.....guys say it's important, mine was oil soaked when I got the car, so tossed the thing, never replaced it....I never saw a horse collar around the bellhousing/tranny on my car....seen them though....

headers?? another thread here TT said about wrapping them up....I never bothered on mine, but i'ts just a small block...

:hi:

I had the 'Vette out for a ride today, it was hot and sticky out so I rolled up the windows and cruised with the A/C on. After an hour or so I checked the stick shift to see how hot it was, it was just a chilly as the A/C was! I guess this means I have a problem with hot air coming in through the heater vents. Any other suggestions?
Also - :idea: I was wondering if I put a second heater control valve in on the return side of the heater hoses, would there be enough vacuum to activate both heater control valves with the single vacuum (heater control) switch? I am thinking that I am lazy and do not want to put in a brass gate valve that requires raising the hood to operate the valve. :zzz:

I actually have 2 rubber boots on the stick, one under the console screwed on to the trans tunnel and then the one on the console itself.

You sure that rascle is sealed on the stem/stick?? mine was hotter'n a 2 buck pistol....and when sealing it up good, the heat went away....

wonder about your under tunnel heat shield.....guys say it's important, mine was oil soaked when I got the car, so tossed the thing, never replaced it....I never saw a horse collar around the bellhousing/tranny on my car....seen them though....

headers?? another thread here TT said about wrapping them up....I never bothered on mine, but i'ts just a small block...

:hi:

My headers are wrapped but my exhaust pipes are not. Would wrapping the exhaust pipes from behind the headers back to the mufflers be beneficial? Is the benefit worth the effort?

No, not to my knowledge. Should I install some reflectix in there? And how effective is the "horse collar" foam transmission/bellhousing seal? I don't have one of those either.

I bought a used NASCAR kevlar shift boot and with the tunnel insulated it works really well for keeping down the heat..only paid 9 bucks for the boot on ebay..

I bought a pair of 24"?? insulation sleeves for the pipes under the floor pan. BIG drop in temps there. $70.00 (Pair)from Jegs I think.

I'm using the Thermo-tec ones on the pipes below my fiberglass spring. I think Bird might be using these....not sure though.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/THE-11620/

yepper. That be them.:thumbs:

Linda always complains about foot well heat, I have naked cheep headers, and so you are saying that wrapping just the main pipe under the floorboard is a help in this?? actually noticeable?? I ASSumed the header heat itself was all my problems, but would take a act of God/congress to wrap them headers....

:shocking:

I'm using the Thermo-tec ones on the pipes below my fiberglass spring. I think Bird might be using these....not sure though.

Linda always complains about foot well heat, I have naked cheep headers, and so you are saying that wrapping just the main pipe under the floorboard is a help in this?? actually noticeable?? I ASSumed the header heat itself was all my problems, but would take a act of God/congress to wrap them headers....

I've been thinking about putting some type of reflecting material on the underside of the car on the floorpans as well as either wrapping the pipes or putting thermotec sleeves on them. I still have stock mani's. If I had your basic headers, they'd be wrapped.

I've been thinking about putting some type of reflecting material on the underside of the car on the floorpans as well as either wrapping the pipes or putting thermotec sleeves on them. I still have stock mani's. If I had your basic headers, they'd be wrapped.

Yeh a tad OT, but this is all part of the cabin heat problems....I just now got done cleaning/blowing out the evap housing....dropped the blower out, and got the worst of it, had full voltage to the C4 blower, and decreased blow, only one thing left....soon enough I going to get that pipe wrap, for the main tubes....awful expensive though....wonder if something local can be gotten....we have a DRMO spot near the base here.....I should check there, they cashier some of the oddest shit...

:shocking::beer: