BBC Heads

Hey, changed my screen name. I feel so much more Mocho.:smash:

Did you misspell Mocha? Like chocolate coffee? :hunter:

Probably.

You did -in a way- help me come up with the new screen name.:drink:

Hey, I got a couple of 500 performers carbs a couple days ago. Know of anyone that wants to buy them?:lol:

Last edited:
What kind of shape are those performers in?? Are you willing to deal?

The ZL-1 cam is what's in there now- it's pretty soft on the low end but starts to wake up about 3k.

What kind of shape are those performers in?? Are you willing to deal?

The ZL-1 cam is what's in there now- it's pretty soft on the low end but starts to wake up about 3k.

Yea, I'll deal. A collection of GOLD plated shot glasses.:bump:

I'll even leave the green shit in the carbs for you. I took them apart Sunday. Very interesting.:huh:

Yea, the numbers for the low end of the ZL1 cam are crap. Lets figure
a better cam.
If you are stuck on a roller so be it. We'll get you a good one. :rolleyes:

Do you need 600 hp and 600 ftlbs of torque? Be real here. Is the vehicle going to be able to take those figures without breaking everything?:clobbered: But it would be fun to jump on it at any speed and loop around in figure eights.:nuts:

I still like the Comp Cam Jet Boat Cam. I was also thinking (there I go again) a custom grind.:phone:

Last edited:
I'm stuck on nothing. I like the roller so I don't have to worry about all the junk with oil. I just read Grumpy's post on oil systems- they came up with a tool to groove the lifter bores so they add some oil to the cam. Cool thing.

and no, I don't think for a minute it'll take 600 ft/lbs without breaking everything. I'm still in awe that after 38 years it's still got the original U-joints, halfshafts and differential.
But looking at all the numbers I still think 600+ @ 2000 would be a hoot. After all, this is not a daily driver- it's a toy to come out and drive when the sun is shining and I feel like playing around a bit. So with all that, I'm looking at getting the most bang for the buck, AND keeping reliability. find the best balance of HP/TQ, fun, and bling will be the trick.

I'm stuck on nothing. I like the roller so I don't have to worry about all the junk with oil. I just read Grumpy's post on oil systems- they came up with a tool to groove the lifter bores so they add some oil to the cam. Cool thing.

and no, I don't think for a minute it'll take 600 ft/lbs without breaking everything. I'm still in awe that after 38 years it's still got the original U-joints, halfshafts and differential.
But looking at all the numbers I still think 600+ @ 2000 would be a hoot. After all, this is not a daily driver- it's a toy to come out and drive when the sun is shining and I feel like playing around a bit. So with all that, I'm looking at getting the most bang for the buck, AND keeping reliability. find the best balance of HP/TQ, fun, and bling will be the trick.

Ok, 600 fts lbs torque and 600+ HP. I like Big Boobs too.:devil:

Ok, 600 fts lbs torque and 600+ HP. I like Big Boobs too.:devil:

I would NEVER have guessed THAT!!:tomato:
Bigger is always better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Size does matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I keep looking at my 454 and thinking and thinking and thinking-----

What ever you want to do here, I'll help figure it with you. Lets go for broke or break.:smash::lol:

If I decide to build a 496 (bigger is........) I'll use the LS6 cam myself. Damn great street cam for the BB.:thumbs: