Coolant hose diameter

MYBAD79

too lazy to go out there and measure .... are the hoses 1 1/2" inner diameter ???
(radiator to/from engine)

Hmmm.... guess I better get under there and measure....

going to order some 90 degree and 105 degree aluminum ellbows to install at the radiator outlet, with this aftermarket radiator the outlet doesn't point "up" so the hose is a little stressed and slightly kinked....

Go to the plumbing dept of Lowes Despot and look at your thin walled brass drain waste traps and fittings...cut as necessary.....

I have done that for years, have two of them on the vette now for making up hoses using my F body radiator of same core size as the '72 used to take...

I forget the year, but start with '89 Firebird V8 and get some dimensions....:gurney:

Never thought of that. I currently have a really ugly welded piece I made from scrap to get the non-angled lower outlet over the crossmember. I just made a new one out of mandrel-bend exhaust tubing, but I might check out the drain pieces instead.

Never thought of that. I currently have a really ugly welded piece I made from scrap to get the non-angled lower outlet over the crossmember. I just made a new one out of mandrel-bend exhaust tubing, but I might check out the drain pieces instead.

Yeh bathroom vanity size is 1.25" as I recall, and 1.5 is kitchen size....

BTW, I use full size PVC traps on all my plumbing they are removable with a couple large compression fittings...and NEVER clog....just a little plumbing tip...ask at the store, the shit they get away with in most new homes is just stupid.....:smash::surrender:

Speedwaymotors has these aluminum ellbows in 90 degrees as well as 105 and 135 degrees, part numbers are 917-1001-size, 917-1003-size and 917-1005-size , $16-$20 .... not too shabby ...

since it's all aluminum you can even have it welded to the radiator.....

79 upper radiator hose had two different sizes - early first design 79 has same diameter as all 68-78; later second design 79-82 was a smaller diameter. I don't know where in VIN sequence that changed & don't have any hoses in home garage to check - sold my 79 in 1981 or 1982.
Lower radiator hose are all are same diameter.

79 upper radiator hose had two different sizes - early first design 79 has same diameter as all 68-78; later second design 79-82 was a smaller diameter. I don't know where in VIN sequence that changed & don't have any hoses in home garage to check - sold my 79 in 1981 or 1982.
Lower radiator hose are all are same diameter.

Welcome back Geoff. I think it's been a while??