2002 Headlight Bulbs

gr8vet

Wanting to put some new Silver Star Bulbs in the 02. According to all I can find the 9006 is an exact fit, WRONG. I tried for 20 minutes and they will not go. The center plastic ring is a bit larger and will not allow the entire bulb base to seat properly. You can get two of the tabs in but no doubt it will fall out sooner than later. Is there another bulb that is as good?

Thanks
tt

Acc to AutoZones website (assuming they can at least get bulbs right) it's 9005SU-2 for the high beam and 9005SU-2 for the low beam.... no idea what SU-2 means .... is there a difference between the 9006 and the 9006SU-2 ???? Why not just take the car over to the "zone" and see what fits ?? They usually let you make sure it fits before you have to pay/refund until it does....:thumbs:

Hey Karsten, well as ya know, here in the middle of nowhere I'm about 26 miles from an Autozone, have to deal with Advance for now. :(

OK, im such a looser. Ya gotta be changing the right bulb, the low beam will not fit in the high beam slot. Shoulda had my stronger glasses on!

Hope all is well in the land of Mickey, was down there last week with the wife for a short vacation, left some tax dollars for you guys! Good Lord it is expensive at Disney these days.

later

tt

Last edited: