Fuel bowl clear sight plugs

496BBC

I've had some in my carb for a while now, decided to pull them to check their condition and double check the level.

when I took them out the threads peeled right off, they appeared to be soft but had swollen and were fairly hard to get out.

The one thing that surprised me was the level was way off

I checked the level prior to removing them, don't know if it was the distortion of the pugs or what.

I'll go back to the tried and true way of removing the brass plugs and checking the level.

Just a heads up for you out there that have them in your carb, keep and eye on them.

could get ugly if one fell out while driving.

Neal

I've had some in my carb for a while now, decided to pull them to check their condition and double check the level.

when I took them out the threads peeled right off, they appeared to be soft but had swollen and were fairly hard to get out.

The one thing that surprised me was the level was way off

I checked the level prior to removing them, don't know if it was the distortion of the pugs or what.

I'll go back to the tried and true way of removing the brass plugs and checking the level.

Just a heads up for you out there that have them in your carb, keep and eye on them.

could get ugly if one fell out while driving.

Neal

I read somewhere they are only for temporary use...I guess Holley forgot to tell anyone that.

As an insurance adjuster for the mucho hated GEICO, 45? years ago, a old buddy grew to hate HOLLEY carbs...as some 95% of the claims for FIRES were with a Holley on the car.....

since then, he and I have never had a Holley on any car, don't matter, just not going there....

and over the years of car shows, I have noticed hundreds of Holley carb'd cars with fuel leak evidence on the intake mani.....

CASE CLOSED.......

and when I look at their construction, it's no wonder.....

must be fine for a petted over full out race car, but even then, in the pits, the tell tail stains are revealed.....

:club::suicide: