Site getting overwhelmed by Albertans

34Vette

Why am I here (at this site) you ask? I'm trying to build a street rod using a burned out (interior fire) C4 (89) Vette. So, I'm trying to pick as many good brains as I can for answers to questions that I may not even know as questions yet. Seems like this site has a very broad range of experience so I'll add my comments where I can.

No, we don't have perpetual winter and snow here. The standard comment is we have 10 months of winter and 2 months of tough sledding. Actually the reason we live here is the winter months give us time for our builds.

John B

Welcome to the motley crew....

Interesting project, need pix....I used to own a '87 so not all THAT much different.....

parts are cheep, but devil is in the details....:smash::smash:

sounds like WORK to do....

:eek::twitch::smash::smash:

Hi, and welcome
...Actually the reason we live here is the winter months give us time for our builds...
Couln't agree more.

Mr Vette's favorite commie/treehunger

Have fun hugging your snowy tree.....:drink::crap:

and the phrase is tree HUGGER......not like being hungry and eating it....

:crap::3rd:
Damn, you're right, never noticed. Fixing that right away.

Hi, and welcome
...Actually the reason we live here is the winter months give us time for our builds...
Couln't agree more.

Mr Vette's favorite commie/treehunger

Have fun hugging your snowy tree.....:drink::crap:

and the phrase is tree HUGGER......not like being hungry and eating it....

:crap::3rd:
Damn, you're right, never noticed. Fixing that right away.

:banned::3rd::drink::evil:

and it's been there HOW long before I noticed it????

:zzz:

Speaking of Albertans, maybe one day Love is Blue new owner will show up here.

I met Glen Smith down here several years ago, due to health reasons he was selling the car, and so eventually he did, as I recall the new owner was in Canada also....that car in person is even wilder than in pictures...what he say, had that car since new? think it was a 65-66......if I was 2% of the body man he was, my car would look one hell of a lot better...:surrender:

welcome aboard.
Had an 87, so if there's anything I can throw out there, I will.

Details/plans on the build?

Pics are a requirement or we'll collectively trek to Canada and turn the snow a bright yellow!:rofl:

And you expected to see an 89 Vette!!! You have to look deep. Actually it's a 34 Chev Master 5 window coupe with transplanted F/R suspension, engine and ZF. I'm in the process of changing my mind and will be putting in an LY6 instead of the 89 L98 so more work on my plate.

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg