"cheap" manual conversion, possible?

I'm guessing his Mexican made transmission with Tiwaneses gears is more likely to come apart than a Chinese flywheel.:p
the pressure plate is junk, you can not reface the pressure table without disassembling the whole thing. The flywheel can be resurfaced. Just buy a new disc and plate.

:clap: Beat me 2 it, I agree entirely....OH, and I would want N/American made parts ,not some China import crap, which reinforces my opinion on that flywheel.....

NO freeking WAY to have a China made fly near my foot....period, end of discussion....

You can buy a clutch kit (flywheel, pressure plate, disk, throwout bearing, installation shaft) for around $100. I've even seen Rock Auto specials under $70.
I'm guessing you're going to have nearly that much buying individual parts and having the flywheel resurfaced.
IMHO, not worth the the chance of having to remove the trans again.
Wow, just forgot to check rockauto (someone beat me), I was stuck on Summit offers that start a 150+$.

the pressure plate is junk, you can not reface the pressure table without disassembling the whole thing. The flywheel can be resurfaced. Just buy a new disc and plate.
Concise as always, thanks TT

:clap: Beat me 2 it, I agree entirely....OH, and I would want N/American made parts ,not some China import crap, which reinforces my opinion on that flywheel.....

NO freeking WAY to have a China made fly near my foot....period, end of discussion....
I have a lakewood scattershield, so rotation debris will go kiss the steel, not my foot.
How to tell parts are not made overseas?
in the sub 100$ section I've found RHINOPAC, BRUTE POWER, SACHS and ACDELCO
in the sub 200$, RAM AUTOMOTIVE
Any thoughts on these brands?

I'm running a couple Sachs clutches now. No problems for stock hp and they've been around forever.

I'm running a couple Sachs clutches now. No problems for stock hp and they've been around forever.
No stock engine here, more in the 400 HP ballpark (performance cam head intake and exhaust)
No intents to drive the car like a madman, just spirited driving.
I'm open to any suggestion.