Sidepipe mufflers

TT, it would be nice to make some of the things you do. Its a talent that very few are born with! I'm a butcher when making thing.

Anyone seen any cfm figures on the moroso spirals? I used them to pass tech one time, had been running open side pipes. I didnt notice any loss, did like the sound. Had to reduce to the 3" intake.

I don't have the cfm data, but the moroso spirals are pretty free flowing. My 502 has Stahl sidemount headers so I fabbed my side pipes of 3" and installed two moroso's per side in series. Not a real good looking fabrication but I have them tucked under modifed (widened) fiberglass 69 style covers. Should know just how loud it will be in a couple of weeks.

Dave

Aluminum pipes

Since aluminum dissipates heat so well why wouldn't you use aluminum pipes for side pipes? You could bolt it to the steel exhaust with spring loaded clamps so it would live. Maybe use Super Trap discs at he tip?
I will have a turbo on car so that will cut the sound down considerably.
Thought?

The Supertrapp mufflers are actually reasonably quiet if you add enough discs. I like the idea of the adjustable muffler, years ago I ran a Supertrapp muffler on my off road bike.. good stuff but I've seen them in Summit's catalog, it's not going to be cheap :D