Poly body mounts - apparently junk

MYBAD79

Edit: photos of the old and new stuff is on page three.....

Found this today:

214d8143936059e.jpg

The rear body mounts are cracked and appear to be dry-rotted. Acc to most advertisements these "superior" poly urethane pieces outlast rubber :bs::bs:

I'll have to see if I can find the receipt for these (I'm sure it was either Ecklers or MidAmerica).

These are 6 years old, I installed these in 2005. Fortunately it is not that big of a deal to replace these but I hate having to do something twice because of inferior garbage :cussing:

Last edited:
Karsten, that sucks. I hate redoing stuff. Kinda defeats the purpose of doing it to begin with!

I have seen this problem come up before. Those parts are molded incorrectly, making good PU parts is not rocket science.

Still trying to find out where I bought these..... I am probably going to need a gallon of Bullshit repellent to prepare myself for the phone call... not sure what kind of crap they're going to give me, maybe they play the UV card since I'm in Florida :lol:

The car and these poly mounts have spent most of the time since in a dark garage so UV exposure was very low :smash:

At this point I don't know that I even want to remember where I bought these, most likely they're not going to give a $hit and all I get from this is aggravation and increased blood pressure....

Seen my share of poly rear spring cushions do that. Rubber is now the only thing I use in the shop.

That's weird. I put poly on all my stuff, suspension, drivetrain and body mounts years ago and have no problems with them. I was just under the car a couple days ago and eyeballed everything, even checked the body mounts in the rear wheel wells and all is good. I bought Energy Suspension stuff through Summit though. Not a big fan of paying the Corvette Tax through Ecklers and MAD.

I think it's the "red" poly that last forever. The black stuff is just a little
harder than rubber. Yes No...

Looking thru catalogs and websites.... think I'm going to try the Energy Suspension poly mounts this time, I've never heard anything bad about their products and they're reasonably priced at under $60.... no more no name China garbage :crap:

I'm for the use of urethane for suspension bushings but I used original rubber for body mounts. In my mind they are a little more forgiving and would be a more gentle and malable support for these old bodies. Hate to see some cracking from a too ridged mount.

I really don't like hearing this. I have a set of ES poly body mounts I just bought waiting to get installed.

How old are those? The plated washers look new!

I installed these in 2005, they're less than 6 years old and I drove the car less than 5000 miles since then (painted the car and swapped engine and transmission), the car is always garaged so UV exposure is not an issue.

These mounts are not made by Energy Suspension - this is some no name junk that some vendors sell.

Yeah, the washers look brand new... that's top notch quality stuff from Home Depot :D

How old are those? The plated washers look new!

I installed these in 2005, they're less than 6 years old and I drove the car less than 5000 miles since then (painted the car and swapped engine and transmission), the car is always garaged so UV exposure is not an issue.

These mounts are not made by Energy Suspension - this is some no name junk that some vendors sell.

Yeah, the washers look brand new... that's top notch quality stuff from Home Depot :D

Oh, you mean plated in China, or China plates, or is it the finest China plated??

something like that......:p:beer::drink:

They must contain lead and a bunch of other harmful stuff. Seams anymore the Chinese throw crap in the mix for good measure.

You should see the crap they fly in. My unnamed company had a maintenance job on one of they're planes. It was grounded in need of two new engines.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how poly effects ride quality over rubber?

I can't compare it against good rubber, but it makes a hell of a difference when you replace 30+ year old worn out garbage bushings. Just grease them up on install and the only difference you'll notice is how much tighter the suspension feels.