I know this vendor …

Geoff Coenen

I know this vendor … I did not say I like this vendor.

Copy & paste this:
https://www.forums.ncrs.org/showthread.php?128371-61-Seat-Belts-Restoration

In post #6 this guy reveals his shock that Charlie Santorelli wants $1,750.00 to restore the Seat Belt Buckles & floor mounting hardware that are being supplied by the customer. Another fellow say – "chalk the cost up to your misunderstanding of the market rate for quality work". Quality work.

I have personally taken 58-62, 63, 64-Early 66 Irving buckles apart and it takes less than about 1 minute – if they are not frozen solid & pitted throughout. The cost of Chrome plating the bottoms & males tongues, plus Zinc plating the floor brackets is way less that $200. The webbing & thread cost what - $100.

So what does it cost for Charlie to sew them together? What do you figure the labor cost is? Per Hour?

Does this sound like a deal?

there must be alot of rich folk here - nobody considers this fee rather excessive

I wonder what it would cost for a 1961 vintage 9 passenger station wagon with seat belts. If it $1750 for 2 seat belts, do you get a break after 2 seats?

PS I got an email & no I don't think the plating is Gold, Silver or Platinum.

I'm not surprised these days by the things that people spend their money on. Easy come, easy go.