Feb 1st autocross, somewhat disapointing

Yellow73SB

It was my first time auto-xing on good tires and it felt really weird. The car was actually sticking and I was going a lot faster. I still had a lot more in it though. It was even getting loose at all. I am the limiting factor now not the car. I's been about 6-7 months since I last went so I'll use that as my excuse.

The video my was was a 76 but with one cone and an of course. It obvious that the car wasn't being pushed at all.

The z06 on a6's ran 70's, he had a 68 with 2 cones though also. I'm hoping to get withing just a few seconds of him by the end of the year.

Also the camera mount isn't the best, I had to make something real quick.

I'm going to get some forumla V for the rear tires also, they are a little old.

Also my rear end is complete shit, the yokes move in and out probably .2" and one wheel has positive toe and one wheel has negative toe. I have new clutches though so I just need to drop the diff and rebuilt it. Maybe I can do it before next event, I have a month and a half and the hockey season is over.

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5404728993675396013[/ame]

Don't get too dissappointed...it's a learning experience that some of us still haven't experienced in a lifetime...me for instance:(

So just how many cones did you wipe out???

One cone

I think I should be able to get pretty close to the brand new zo6

The pro driver with the C5 zo6 will always blow me away.

But after watching the video it does look like I can pick up a good bit of time doesn't it?

Your not over driving the car,, which, really slows you down.

What rear end ratio? first gear ratio?

Damn I miss autocrossing....My old auto-cross mentor one told me "drive smoother...you'll go faster". He was right.

Your not over driving the car,, which, really slows you down.

What rear end ratio? first gear ratio?

But I wasn't getting a little loose either, other than once or twice. It feels like that car has a lot more also

4.11 rear, 2.48 first, I'm running 2nd though which is 1.48