25.5x10 fronts

what compound? Personally I think NASCAR tires are too hard but with all your tire experimentation it might benefit you to buy a durometer...

They aren't nascar tires, they are radials though

I'm not sure what compound they will be this is just a test tire, my 27x10 and 26.5x10 rear tires are about as soft as A6's

I could tell him to send 24.5x11 bias ply's but I think these will work well if I can get them in a soft enough compound

It should fit well in the front though, I'll go check on the compound right now

It's d4600

Last edited:
Here they are mounted

not much up travel, I'm getting the shocks rebuilt soon so the front end will be way stiffer

I may lower the rear a bit also

101_2239.jpg

101_2240.jpg

101_2241.jpg

101_2242.jpg

that's mean looking, now you need some rear flares, just rivet on some L88 ones and be done with it :)

There was a member on digital that said he had some that were 2" wider and you couldn't tell they had a flare

I may look into those first

Flares are towards the bottom of the list and won't be happening for awhile

the 2" wider ones are complete quarter panels, they are the mudflap style ones.

set the tire pressure and run a tape measure around the center (use a very narrow tape measure)...post the dimensions and you can compare that number to my Hoosiers....you might also want to check all four so you can put the larger tires on the appropriate side.

What do you mean put the larger tires on the appropriate side?

I'll measure the tire next time I go down to the shop. This isn't the tire I'll be running though, just a test fit tire.

TT, These aren't a flare at all, they look stock just they are 2" wider

As it is Christmas I will share the following very secret, hi-tech, hush/hush, trick experiment with you....go get a plastic SOLO cup where the open end is larger than the bottom and roll it on a flat surface, which way does it turn? :rofl: ...if the track you are on has more right turns than left (like my home track of Road America) I always place the larger tires on the left size....your radials "might" be the same but bias-ply Hoosiers never are.....we will air up a new set then measure and mark them, I also mark where the valve stems are because under heavy breaking the tires can (and mine do) move on the wheels. The rest won`t apply to your steel wheels but I will share it anyway. I mark where the weights are and how much is used, then I silicone around the weights and after that cures I use that shiny silver HVAC tape with the paper backing that peels off.....and yes I have had tires move on the wheels and used to throw weights off all the time using silver duct tape.... Trust me... it`s not fun to have an unbalanced wheel at 160.....

At the auto-x there is always a long sweeping right turn so I'll put them on the left

Thanks

I've never balanced my tires, never had a problem, but I don't get that fast maybe 70 mph

As it is Christmas I will share the following very secret, hi-tech, hush/hush, trick experiment with you....go get a plastic SOLO cup where the open end is larger than the bottom and roll it on a flat surface, which way does it turn? :rofl: ...if the track you are on has more right turns than left (like my home track of Road America) I always place the larger tires on the left size....your radials "might" be the same but bias-ply Hoosiers never are.....we will air up a new set then measure and mark them, I also mark where the valve stems are because under heavy breaking the tires can (and mine do) move on the wheels. The rest won`t apply to your steel wheels but I will share it anyway. I mark where the weights are and how much is used, then I silicone around the weights and after that cures I use that shiny silver HVAC tape with the paper backing that peels off.....and yes I have had tires move on the wheels and used to throw weights off all the time using silver duct tape.... Trust me... it`s not fun to have an unbalanced wheel at 160.....

HOLY SHIT....never gave it a second thought about tires spinning on rims in a road race.....cute....I know drag racers have been screwing Mickeys on the rims for decades now.....

cute....:sos::D

I haven`t seen it (or even pics) but I think they built a new car...you must remember "rules rules rules".....these flares might be all they allow in RMVR (Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing ltd.)....

he's right,,, they would kick my ass right out the gate with my flares and possibly my brake setup. Unless I was in the sanctioning bodie's race drivers witness protection plan. It requires a big check book and a dirty brown nose. lol,,,, I have neither.

he's right,,, they would kick my ass right out the gate with my flares and possibly my brake setup. Unless I was in the sanctioning bodie's race drivers witness protection plan. It requires a big check book and a dirty brown nose. lol,,,, I have neither.

you could run your stuff with HSR no problem....and with the economy the way it is entries have already started to suffer...three gr-6 cars at VIR last Sept and maybe seven at Road Atlanta this past Oct.....some vintage groups might have to "lighten up" just to survive.

I would have to run with the 73 and up group, And also at sebring there isn't really any competition for the group 6 so I doubt they would get picky about the flares.

I do however have aluminum heads

But thats not going to be for awhile

I'm also going to take of all the tire lettering for the sleeper look at the auto-x

Lets hope they don't noticed the cage and fuel cell

:lol:

Last edited: