Size of th350 vs 4L60e vs 200R4

Garys 68

Anyone got these 3 trannys laying around?
I'm looking for the smallest possible trans in the rear main body section for a project I'm looking at. Small tunnel for an engine/trans swap.
I know the 4L60e is too big, is a th350 or 200R4 smaller?

I dunno about a 350, but I have a 200 4r in my '72 in place of the Muncie, needed an overdrive....and the weight is 50 lbs less than that 4L60 or my old 700r4.....essentially the same trans.....

now my car had to have the tunnel widened on the pass side for the 700 and still was needed for the 200.....

the 200 is a direct bolt in setting the tail on the cross support directly....

AS I RECALL the 350 sets on a cross support extension going forward.....so it is shorter, I know nothing on the width....

:smash::twitch:

I thought I had this chart on my HDD - but with a little google-fu, got this:
126953695eeb8df3e.jpg

Hope it is helpful enough...more images available.

Cheers - Jim

Yeah, I found those before. OK, I'll admit, not vette related, but was hoping someone around here had a comparison pic.
This is for a 6.0 LS I want to put in a Mercedes 380 SL. The Mercedes trans is pretty small and the tunnel apparently has some structural components to it. So now trying to find a trans to use without cutting it up.
I really wanted an auto trans but if I cant find one that will fit, I might consider a hybrid T5, then would probably have to put in a 5.3.
But changing the trunk tag from 380SL to 600LS would be cool.

Yeah, I found those before. OK, I'll admit, not vette related, but was hoping someone around here had a comparison pic.
This is for a 6.0 LS I want to put in a Mercedes 380 SL. The Mercedes trans is pretty small and the tunnel apparently has some structural components to it. So now trying to find a trans to use without cutting it up.
I really wanted an auto trans but if I cant find one that will fit, I might consider a hybrid T5, then would probably have to put in a 5.3.
But changing the trunk tag from 380SL to 600LS would be cool.

Sounds like what I did with a '70 Pontiac Lemans convertible that I updated to full power GTO status, and on the back of the trunk was CDLV stood for 455 in roman letters.....got the idea from all those Wash DC region import cars with their little snotty call outs on the back.....Merc is most famous for that......I think I had maybe 3 folks in ten years time, that figgered it out without asking.....:surrender::eek: