Looking for 700r4 Tranny Company

gr8vet

Looking all over the net trying to find a reputable tranny company selling a 700r4. Nothing exotic, just to go in my old 68 truck.

As soon as I find what appears to be a good company, with top ratings on Ebay, then look at BBB review and they score an "F".

Anyone have a good experience with someone? (Im located in Southeast)

thanks in advance.

tt

Just to make sure they use the Brute Sunshell with torrington bearing in the build, not that weak stock crap.....and of course all the heavy clutches and obviously a TRANS GO shift kit.....

:smash: Where in the SE region are you?? I"m in NE Florida, and there is a decent local shop with a good local rep.....

Just to make sure they use the Brute Sunshell with torrington bearing in the build, not that weak stock crap.....and of course all the heavy clutches and obviously a TRANS GO shift kit.....

:smash: Where in the SE region are you?? I"m in NE Florida, and there is a decent local shop with a good local rep.....

Central Alabama

thanks
t

Dang shame, I told a buddy of mine 4 years ago, "ya need a 700r4?, take that one home with you, it's just taking up space" That's why we save this crap for YEARS! One day may need it!

Maybe I'm totally missing the subtelty here but have you looked at Bowtie overdrives or something simiar? They build 700R4's all day long?

Agree ^, little brother using a a BTO trans. in a 63 Nova /ZZ3,excellent service .I've used their parts in my 700r4 setup with good results.
Gimpy

Maybe I'm totally missing the subtelty here but have you looked at Bowtie overdrives or something simiar? They build 700R4's all day long?

Yes, looked, called, and BowTie appears to be the best I have found thus far. Was hoping to find someone near Atlanta, Memphis, Nashville, Birmingham, Montgomery, etc.