1972 GMC 4x4 Pickup Project Gettin Started..

LOL I expect this to be a reliable set up... just worried about the irritable force/immovable object problem where all that Detroit torque drive line meets the yolks at the pinion shaft... everything is 1710 or 1610 and the pinions are 1410 front and 1480 rear...

In any event I will have lots of 120 PSI Air on board to run AIR TOOLS :mullet:

Driveline done... bent up all new brakelines for the dual line master and hydraboost... got the plasma cutter out and made some room to get the cab set nearly in place. It will fit in the stock location simplifying the installation. As you can see I will need to build a doghouse to cover that big lump... at least access to the power steering pump and Air compressor will be easy... I will incorporate a gauge mount for things like oil temp, trans, temp, transfer case temp, diff temp, in the doghouse to move all the SW instrumentation from the L9000. the C60 dash has the Air pressure gauge right in it :smash::smash::smash:

thum_1653d6ac22179e5.jpgthum_1653d6ac42d93b4.jpg

More Updates

Progress has been a bit slow on the GMC**2 project but I have made some... replaced the rear Spring u bolts as they were nearly rusted through Just so you know the scle here those spring bolts are 1" in diameter.... while I was at it I mounted up a rear shock cross member off the other truck and rear shock mounts and a couple of Rancho RS5000's in 2XL Tall... LOL they are just for looks... Got the cab down around that Lump o engine and new cab mounts installed... started the long process of beating the steel into shape... Mounted the box to the frame and moved the alternator set up from the 350 chevy over to the Detroit and it lined up. The radiator came back from the shop and I have the Grille shell ready so the assembly can begin...

thum_16549451efc0973.jpgthum_165494520ecb950.jpgthum_165494522a2b6b2.jpgthum_16549452410f93c.jpg

Oh and it all fits under the hood.... Gonna be a sleeper... :rofl::smash::twitch::mobeer::mobeer::mobeer:

fuel tank score...

Picked this up last Saturday in Philly... the price was right... 92 gal total 85 gal draw... the brackets are out getting blasted and powder coated and Im polishing the tank a bit at a time...

thum_16554cef95ae8fd.jpg