Getting closer

00fxd

Got my '03 6.0L in my 65 Corvette running a couple of weeks ago, starts and runs great - everything works the way it's 'sposed to. So far. Check eng lite, drive by wire throttle... I'm getting the details sorted out, set the toe on the rear wheels last nite and a couple other things. Out there till 2:30. Put the alternate [L88] hood on today - of course it doesn't quite shut either, no way the stinger was gonna shut. Gotta cut some more stuff - maf sensor tube is a pain in that small eng compartment. Did a big smokey burn out in my parking lot yesterday so it all works. Will get it in for a front wheel align next week and hope for good convertable weather...... Much looking foreword to the engine responce with the light flywheel.
Frank

Is the MAF tube where the hood interference is?

Yes, because I need a very quick angle from the throttle body to avoid the fan, I had to use the oem tube. The oem tube had large external chambers attached. I did not know the purpose of the chambers so I tried to retain them as much as poss. I since found out that they're purpose is noise suppression so they have now been removed and sealed. The l88 style hood now closes. This hood also clears the truck intake which I wanted to retain, it is a better intake for lower rpm where I spend most of my time. I really don't like that style of hood on this car but it fits........ I will try and take some pics and post them.
Frank

Dont worry about losing any torque if you go to the LS1 intake. Mine will overpower the OEM size tires, no problem.

02 LQ9, 10:1 CR, 350hp, iron block. I kept the LQ9 MAF and TB, but swapped out the intake with an 02 vette LS1. I'm also running the 02 vette exhaust manifolds. Minor tune probably adds a few hp.
The cost of the intake, injectors, pigtails is probably less than the cost of a hood mod.

Luckily I have the hood paint matched and all ready to go.
How did you go about "a minor tune"?
Frank

When I sent the computer out to hae VATS deleted, etc...They just did a standard hi performance tune.