C3 Trailing Arm Bolts??

zz71s

I am going to try to remove the trailing arms this weekend.
It looks like I am going to have to cut the bolts.
What kind of saw blades did you all use and how long should they be.
Any other things I should be thinking about when I am doing this.
Thanks for any help

Everyone always cuts the bolts, I have never cut the bolts on any of these and some of these cars looked like they had been on the bottom of the ocean. I also never use penetrating oil. I simply use an air ratchet to get the bolts spinning. Then I spin and pound the bolt snout (the first part is not threaded) and then I use a crowbar to lift under the bolt head whole spinning the bolt with the ratchet.

Try to get them out first, you can always cut them.

When I removed my TAs back in 2004 I could not even get the shims out. It was all rusted to one chunk.... I bought a reciprocating saw at the hardware store and on the second arm that I just cut thru the shims and the bolt, didn't even bother removing the shims first.

When I removed my TAs back in 2004 I could not even get the shims out. It was all rusted to one chunk.... I bought a reciprocating saw at the hardware store and on the second arm that I just cut thru the shims and the bolt, didn't even bother removing the shims first.

Same here. For this application, a Lennox 18Tx6" metal blade is good. It may require 2 blades per side.