Frame still good?

1Michel

Ok heres the deal,
I replaced my frame a while ago, at the time, everybody told me to keep the old one, or at least not destroy what was left of it.

It was badly rusted at the usual place, in front of the rear wheels.
taking the rear suspension apart, I destroyed the rear section.

I kept the rest of it and tied it to the ceiling of the garage.
garage003_zps908868fb.jpg

Now, I'm in the middle of renovating the garage and repainting it,
My question is,

Is this frame still good or I just cut it?

First tought is to cut it maybe keep the front of it and take out the crossmember...

Try to sell it?, well it's still part of a frame and couldnt be worth that much plus because of its size and weight, shipping would cost as much as the value of the frame...

Last edited:
I say keep it ... Btw, there's a "pack rat" thread in the OT section :lol:

Shipping is going to be way too much but if I could find a good frame locally I'd buy it - I only need a fame, diff, spindles and I have a complete rolling chassis, lol, there's that pack rat again.....

It would be a shame if you toss it..... That would be perfect for a custom rear suspension, even a Ford 9" .... :rain::tomato::bounce:

It would be a shame if you toss it..... That would be perfect for a custom rear suspension, even a Ford 9" .... :rain::tomato::bounce:

Drag race only, some idiots up here years ago butchered the FUCK outta their sharks for that purpose, and to ME, it was just plain stupid, something a Mustang was better suited for....

:hunter::club:

I dont think I'll toss it. I have ahard time tossing things away.
I did toss the rear section but it was destroyed by rust .
I already tought about a solid rear end.

It's not realy in the way. It's just a pita to get it down from there, paint the ceiling and bring it up there again.
Or it might just stay where it's at and I'll paint around it LOL

Drag race only, some idiots up here years ago butchered the FUCK outta their sharks for that purpose, and to ME, it was just plain stupid, something a Mustang was better suited for....

:hunter::club:

Agree.... But in this case the rear section is gone already..... Why not?...... It's not like a straight axle handles like a dumptruck.... It's still ok for normal street driving annd a few corners here and there.....

I dont think I'll toss it. I have ahard time tossing things away.
I did toss the rear section but it was destroyed by rust .
I already tought about a solid rear end.

It's not realy in the way. It's just a pita to get it down from there, paint the ceiling and bring it up there again.
Or it might just stay where it's at and I'll paint around it LOL

Haha... Just leave it there and spray the ceiling .....:tomato:

what would you or someone else use it for? I like the CL idea because if there is one sucker....errr desperate C3 owner... who needs it, that'd be cool. Otherwise, I can't think of a reason to save it... okay, the mailbox idea sounds good; split it in the middle of the cross member, weld the box to the raw end of the cross member cut, powder coat it, and imbed the long end in concrete - solid, useful, and a conversation piece... :)

(even better, make two and send the other half to redvetracer for christmas) :)

BUT AFTER the humor....there is a guy with a wrecked C3 that really want his car back, and needs that frame section.....

:ill::gurney: