C3 Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Experiences

Bringing this back from the grave.

I went with a Howe hydraulic throwout bearing and have not been very happy with it. The latest problem was a fluid leak. I am seriously thinking about ditching this for a slave cylinder.

I know a lot of people have had trouble with brackets for push style slave cylinders, but has anyone tried a pull style slave cylinder. They seam easier to mount and more out of the way, so is there any type of drawback to a pull type?

Pull type meaning the kind that are in LT1 F-bodies? There are not many high performance options when it comes to a pull type diaphragm. Most high performance clutches use the stock Valeo diaphragm with a different disk. I think centerforce is the only one that uses their own diaphragm. My father has a LT stlye T56 (pull style clutch) in his 55 chevy using the factory Valeo diaphragm and a McLeod disk. Seems to hold up ok to 400 hp and lots of launches

Im not sure if your 5 speed would be much different than my muncie, but the back of my clutch fork was very close to the floor where it slopes up to the firewall. I couldnt see anyway something would fit behind there. At least, thats how I remember it when I was doing my hydro clutch last year.

I think your right about clearance issues after looking at it closer. This is what I was talking about.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-260-1333/