Carburated Nihilist
I'm missing a couple of fasteners for my engine build :

-Lifter tray bolts
-Windage tray nuts
-Steam cross tube bolts.
-oil pickup bolt.

Too cold up here to go scavenge the scrapyard,
hide.gif

let me know if you can help me move forward before snow melt.
Thanks

We lucky, have an Ace Hardware with a fantastic selection of metric bolts/nutz on the shelves.....maybe one up there??

:friends:

We lucky, have an Ace Hardware with a fantastic selection of metric bolts/nutz on the shelves.....maybe one up there??

:friends:
Thanks for the offer, but I have a very good hardware store nearby.
I'm really looking for the original ones, especially for the windage tray nut.
Those are quiet specific, all metal but still with a thread locking mechanism.

If you're talking about LS1,2,3,6, etc motor fasteners, I just bite the bullet and buy from GM dealership. As you pointed out, some have unusual characteristics that aftermarket wont.

If you're talking about LS1,2,3,6, etc motor fasteners, I just bite the bullet and buy from GM dealership. As you pointed out, some have unusual characteristics that aftermarket wont.
True, that's the next step after checking if we don't have engine hoarders around :trumpet:

I did some searching, and it turns out I won't be able to get my fastener from Canada.
NAPA stores don't accept GM part# and when I try to explain them what is a windage tray I'm replied "we don't sell body part".... no comments.
Called a couple of engine rebuilders : "nope, we don't sell nut or bolts".

I'm gonna put the engine reassembly on hold for now, shipped to Canada those bolts would cost me more than what I paid for a LS6 cam.:surrender:
I'll wait for the ice to clear out the scrapyard.

I did some searching, and it turns out I won't be able to get my fastener from Canada.
NAPA stores don't accept GM part# and when I try to explain them what is a windage tray I'm replied "we don't sell body part".... no comments.
Called a couple of engine rebuilders : "nope, we don't sell nut or bolts".

I'm gonna put the engine reassembly on hold for now, shipped to Canada those bolts would cost me more than what I paid for a LS6 cam.:surrender:
I'll wait for the ice to clear out the scrapyard.

Fuck that crap, gimme some part #s and lemme see what I can find...and I will go GM if necessary.....can't believe some of this stupid shit.....obviously not YOUR fault, but it's a freeking BOLT, how complicated this supposed to BE???? think they using bolts to hold on a wheel, not studs.....:surrender:

Isn't a windage tray that flat area under the back window of a sedan where if you put anything on it and open the windows the wind blows it off?

Fuck that crap, gimme some part #s and lemme see what I can find...and I will go GM if necessary.....can't believe some of this stupid shit.....obviously not YOUR fault, but it's a freeking BOLT, how complicated this supposed to BE???? think they using bolts to hold on a wheel, not studs.....:surrender:
Hold down Gene.
I'm not allowed yet to post in the LS1Tech forsale page, but I went fishing and send PM to member who were selling alot of stuff.
So far one replied that he might have them and he will look this up.
Stay tuned.

Isn't a windage tray that flat area under the back window of a sedan where if you put anything on it and open the windows the wind blows it off?
LOL, good one.
May I mention that one of the independant (non NAPA) part sellers I called, when he couldn't find the part by the # told me that "it's must be a pretty rare piece".
GM small block, rare, sure.

Interesting, is the locking feature re-usable?

Interesting, is the locking feature re-usable?

I guess so, basically they are what we call here "stove nut". The inner hole is not entirely round, so the thread rubs a little, enough to prevent it from jiggling.
Usually stove nuts are ovalish, from the pic the GM's seems slightly triangular.

Stover nuts or prevailing torque.

I thought you were describing some kind of mechanical lock.