A new free CAD sofware

I'd really like to get into some CAD stuff. I need to take some classes but it just seems like the computer technology moves so fast that by the time you finish a class the stuff you started with is obsolete.

I'd really like to get into some CAD stuff. I need to take some classes but it just seems like the computer technology moves so fast that by the time you finish a class the stuff you started with is obsolete.

That affect is why I got out of electronics 26 years ago, flat out sick and tired of keeping up, reached burn out stage 20 years in the field, always the latest and greatest for less and less....

:shocking::crap:

I code for a living, and yes, I have to keep on learning new things all the time.
However, CAD will remain CAD. For instance, I learned 3DSMax 10 years ago and I still can use today's version.
Sofware vendors have to deal with the existing userbase and can't deviate that much from the version before, especially for 800lb gorilla like autocad.

Sure things changes, but mostly toward better user-friendliness, so all you could learn now will remain valid for a while.
Go ahead, dive in, use the help system bundled with the software, search google for specific issues. It's not *THAT* complicated.:smash: