Gm Goodwrench LongBlock Engine: $500

Shirley1978

im selling my old power mill: 350 goodwrench crate motor. the new 381 took its place :)

i loved this engine. changed the oil every 3000 miles, never had 1 problem with it.. with the 5 speed i always got 16mpg avg. i ran a quickest of 14.9 with this engine at infineon raceway. i wanted to keep it because i wanted to use it in another project or something. basically i just really liked the eninge because it never gave my a hard time.

anywho now im selling it because i have no real use for it and i just dont want it lying around when someone else can put it to good use. here are some pics. price is $500.

Jul28_0008.jpg
Jul28_0007.jpg
Jul28_0006.jpg

block is a 4bolt main, good for lots of mods :D

local pick up preferred!! located in the bay area, Ca

ill post more pics as requested.

THAT is a friggin' STEAL man.....

I"d go closer to a grand, asking....

:amazed::bump:

i started at 700 and no one took a second glance.. :( not even at 600... i just want some cash for some new seats :drink:

Friggin economy, I got 600 for my p/owner rebuilt L48 numbers match engine....but that was in '98 or so....just to get it outta the garage....and THAT was outta cheep old Jax Florida....not anywhere higher priced....:censored:

best of luck....

oil it and keep it until you find somebody who pays the price you want for it, $700 is a sweet deal as a new Goodwrench is $1300 plus shipping - basically $1500 total.... I woudn't sell it for $500 - just my opinion.... can you offer help with the install for local guys/buyers ??
IMO.. $700 is a good deal, just not too many buyers out there, especially not locally... Murphy's Law: once you sold it you'll get a call from somebody local desperately needing a SB....

Last edited:
I'd absolutely LOVE to have your engine if we could ship it to Las Vegas. I want to build a decent, not killer, but sound engine for the 81 that I could swap in over a weekend.

Funny how I'll trust a forum member miles away more than my local junkyard? I guess it's cuz I could bitch and nag here if unhappy whilst the locals would just be deaf:drink:

gtr,
no i dont have a way to ship it.. last person that was interested was in the great lakes area and he looked into shipping.. came to something like 350 or so.. maybe alittle more...

steve,
if you can arrange delivery i can have it on a pallet ready to ship :hi:

oil it and keep it until you find somebody who pays the price you want for it, $700 is a sweet deal as a new Goodwrench is $1300 plus shipping - basically $1500 total.... I woudn't sell it for $500 - just my opinion.... can you offer help with the install for local guys/buyers ??
IMO.. $700 is a good deal, just not too many buyers out there, especially not locally... Murphy's Law: once you sold it you'll get a call from somebody local desperately needing a SB....

very true. im going to think about this... someone better hop on this fast before i change my mind.. :amused:

shipping is not going to be cheap. I bought my short block in CA and shipping across country was $200 as far as I remember. The big guys like Summit/Jegs get discounts, they can offer shipping for $119 (truck freight) for pretty much anything in their catalogs (like 12pt roll cages, engines, trannies) to anywhere in the cont US...

Try http://www.uship.com/