A new Miss Mako for 2011

Miss Mako

Well done something new with my hair ...what cha think??? Good or Bad??? I'm still working on the vette.I'm thinking of putting off the custom body work till next winter ,just do the mech. upgrades this winter and drive her as is in spring-fall.I would like to install a more modern headlight assy. thought about the toyo. 2000-2005 mod,also 370 z lights.Any one know the how to on doing these sorta mods? Any help on this I'd very happy to get thank you in advance ....hugs and smoochies ;)Miss Mako

Attachments

• new years eve 2010 003.jpg
    new years eve 2010 003.jpg
    908.9 KB · Views: 71
I like your hair, very nice :thumbs:

What sort of headlight mod are you talking about? If you want to use the existing assemblies but convert them to electric up/down instead of vacuum, then there's a pretty straight forward mod for that.

I haven't a clue about your previous look so can only say the new look is working. Better or worse. I don't know.

I always like the idea of the bodywork early so it's beauty is a motivator. It takes a hit with the mechanical work later howver.

On the other hand, the mechanical grungy bits are the most important but that's where many projects languish.

Get a pretty body sitting on the side so those cold nights don't seem so empty when putting clean and shiny parts back on the chassis. Then be Freakin careful putting the body back on.

Hmmm, can you even do that with a Corvette?:bs:

Nice hair....personally, I like pictures with a smile.

Lot of mods you got planned there.........lots of work ahead.

These are some of the ideas I have .I have done the best i can on the art work by hand to get a general idea across as to what i'm going for...which is basically a modern version of the Mako Shark one piece flip front end.The hood i'd like to be of heat extracion type with inverted scoops facing back towards the driver with custom chrome grille inserts.The Headlights would be recessed ,with clear lens covering the whole unit,(this would sorta give the front end sorta a nose faintly in design of corvette summer car) not shallow and flat which this drawing could be seen as meaning like a 79-81 trans Am type which is not what i have in mind here...Yeah I know tons of fiberglass lay up/fab time involved in fact thought bout building a complete buck to cast it off of then when complete transfering the front end over to the car....thum_15544d294a8786bad.jpg

Last edited:
Here is some other ideas also..the first is using 370 z,headlight assy,the sec. is using 2000-2005 toyo. celica headlightsthum_15544d294c5eea059.jpgthum_15544d294c6c468c6.jpgthum_15544d294c9fd5a75.jpg

Oh yeah, I remember that pic. Very cute but I do like the new job better.

Like the 370 headlights in the blue rendering as well. The pink one looks too "show car" for my taste. Like an Arlen Ness Motorcycle....

Thanks for the coms,and input on the car design ...suggestions welcome too.:thumbs:

I thought that maybe by going with the 370 z type.Which is alittle smaller in size as to the toyo. housing that it would take up less body fender ..Wish who ever has that vette in photo with mod already done was a member here to tell of any troubles of doing such a mod like this car has been done.But then too the toyo. housing appear to sit into natural fender body line well. Without seeming to have to be fitting into body to make it flow well too.Kinda looks like it couldv'e been a factory prototype had chevy had designed those type of housings at that time.

Last edited:
I like the look of the blue car also. I have that pic saved on my computer as I also want to change the lights on the front of my 72. I want to make more room in the nose for intercoolers on each side and getting rid of the pop up headlights will free up space. I also like the looks of the fixed lights but using the small rectangular lights like the later model camaro's used. I have a few pics saved at home I can post tonight. O and the new look is HOT!!

Here are a few different pics of lights.

Attachments

• camaro headlights in vette.jpg
    camaro headlights in vette.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 79VettFront.jpg
    79VettFront.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC04652.jpg
    DSC04652.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 17
Here are a few different pics of lights.

Interesting in how that Red vette there ran with my idea on the grill....same concept....and if I had seen those lights back when, I would have done that style....

wonder how he did the surrounding bezels.....

:nuts:

First, the hair and look is freaking awesome!!!!

Second, I've never been a fam of the flip style lights. That said, the C6's fixed lights left a lot to be desired IMO as well.

If as you mentioned, you could uses something that takes up less fender (which is what makes the C3 so sleek IMO), maybe along the lines of the Caddi-lights, that would bee cool!

i like the look of the purple one here the best...this is the first time i have seen the smaller camaro styled lights being used like that...thanks for posting those pics.Thanks for the coms. as to my new look too:yahoo: By the way i'm trying to obtain that one piece front clip from red racer the red one...i just got to fig. out how to arrange for shipping to finalize the deal with him.