Are you troubled?

TimAT

Addict, Cruise-In Bird-Run 1 Veteran
By bad grounds? We've all had problems with poor grounds on Corvettes, tailights, headlights, gauges, no start, you name it. There is a little tool that may help. Once you find where the bad ground is, it's time to clean it up. Try this:

http://www.browntool.com/productselect.asp?ProductID=442

Not maybe as quick as grabbing some sandpaper and digging the rust off, but a lot neater and once you have one in your toybox, lots faster too.

I can't tell you guys how important good ground contacts are. Too many guys powder coat, POR15, and get so obsessed with rust, they miss the point that the entire chasis is 1/2 of the cars electrical circuit.
Wherever you have a ground cable/and or strap, clean it to bare, and install a star washer. Do NOT reuse one. Unlike spring typr lockwashers, star washers crush, and are actually only good for one use. Get new ones. They are cheap. If your concerned about rust, smear grease on it.
1 ohm resistance does not sound like alot, but with 12 volts, it is.:D

I can't tell you guys how important good ground contacts are. Too many guys powder coat, POR15, and get so obsessed with rust, they miss the point that the entire chassis is 1/2 of the cars electrical circuit.
Wherever you have a ground cable/and or strap, clean it to bare, and install a star washer. Do NOT reuse one. Unlike spring type lock washers, star washers crush, and are actually only good for one use. Get new ones. They are cheap. If your concerned about rust, smear grease on it.
1 ohm resistance does not sound like a lot, but with 12 volts, it is.:D

:thumbs:

Thanks for that tip...... I was unaware of that........of all the classes I've been
to, that has never been addressed. I've always reinstalled the original.
I'll have our parts guy order a batch Monday.

:thumbs:

Thanks for that tip...... I was unaware of that........of all the classes I've been
to, that has never been addressed. I've always reinstalled the original.
I'll have our parts guy order a batch Monday.

Actually, I've been of the mind on a VETTE; You can never have TOO many grounds. :wink:

Last edited:
I can't tell you guys how important good ground IS

There, fixed it 4 U.....

as if anyone in Ca.L/A-Hollyweird should know....good ground is at a premium....earthquakes, midslides, fires, winds....

:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::crutches:

GENE (ready for the hurry cain comment).....:cool: