Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Workshop > Rebuilding Techniques

Old 06-02-2008, 11:44 PM
United States | Garage Monkey

My Photos: (264)
Default The "Gold Standard" of Rebuilds!

All too often we read about the shabby parts and business practices of some of the suppliers to the Corvette hobby. Occasionally we hear about the good ones. That's what this thread is about.

I bought a 76 differential and had it sent directly to Gary (GTR1999) for rebuild. When the diff was delivered to Gary, I received an email with pictures of the crated/uncrated diff and a first impression of what he saw (without opening it up). After removing the cover, Gary sent me a detailed description of the condition, what could be reused and what needed to be replaced. This included more pictures. During the rebuild I was informed almost daily of the progress and, again, provided pictures of the rebuild as it progressed.

The finished unit was sent to me with break-in instructions, recommendations for gear oil, a bottle of posi additive included and contact information if I should ever have any questions. Also included was a "diary" of events that included the day it was delivered and a dated/detailed accounting of everything that was done. The paperwork also included a setup sheet with notes on the rebuild.

In my years on this earth, I have never seen anything done so thoroughly, so professionally and with such attention to detail. Absolutely nothing comes close (and I am not just talking about cars).

Thank-you Gary.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Germany | Crew Chief

My Photos: (882)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBShark View Post
Occasionally we hear about the good ones. That's what this thread is about.
In my 4 years of C3 ownership I ordered quiet a few parts but never had anything rebuilt by others - mainly because I have a 20year mechanical background myself and I don't trust anyone

I would send my stuff to Gary (GTR1999) or Mike (Traccdog2) anytime

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Old 06-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Canada | Addict

My Photos: (0)

Mike Dyer and Gary Ramadei are the best rebuilders out there
Old 06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
United States | Gearhead

My Photos: (4)

Thank you Larry for the nice complements on the way I work. Your appreciation for the effort I put forth is one of the main reasons I help out. I'm glad you like my work, let me know how the install and break in goes as well. I always like to follow up on my work.

The way I conduct business is the way I was brought up, to take pride in your work and do the best you can. This practice in our world today, sad to say, has changed a lot over the years in every aspect of service. Very simply, I treat people like I would like to be treated and as if it's going into my own vette. I don't rush them and use the best parts I can get. If there's a question or problem I'm only a call away.

Thanks again and enjoy the car.
Gary
67 coupe- gone but not forgotten.( like to get another one some day)
Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (4)

Couldn't agree with you more.....Gold Standard